Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, any one running swamplite tires?
i am looking to put some on my cat and was wondering if i put 27 " do the tires have realy 27 inches and same with 28" cause i am affraid to go with 28" due to the lower ground clearance on the 2010 models ,dont want a put a lift kit

anyone can help on this :confused:

·
Registered
733 Posts
my buddy's have run the swamplites and love em.. the only complaint they have is that the softer rubber compound makes them proned to tearing off lugs if you trail ride for extended periods on hard surfaces.. just depends on your intended use.. if you spend most of your time crawling around and playing in the mud.. go for it but if you spend more time on rocky hard trails.. go with a less aggressive/harder tire. As for size.. I've said it before and I'll say it again.. and I know some will disagree.. stay with your stock size unless you intend to clutch your ride.. or put on the big sneakers with a stock set up and I'll drive circles around ya in a mud hole with my 26's.. lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will mostly put mileage on it during the winter,will use it little bit in the summer and lots for hunting season , just found a pit bull tire distributor close by so i wiil give them a call to have pricing done

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my stock tires the cat came with are red eagle's personally i would call them bald eagle's and they only have 23 " total heigth they just su.........

·
Registered
733 Posts
Ya mine are the same tire.. I haven't put the machine through much that would challenge them for that reason.. they seem to have a good tread pattern just not deep enough.. they're like a shaved down version of a swamp fox or something.. I'll be putting on a new set first thing in the spring when snowmobile season is done.. let me know how you make out with whatever you decide to put on..

·
Registered
656 Posts
I absolutely love my swamplites. They are a very good tire in every terrain i've been in. I went with the 28". No lift required. I will say that i did let AIRDAM/// do a stage one clutch work on mine. It was doing fine but i wanted to get all that extra grunt back for the deep mud.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have 30'' swamplites on mine, it is stock, they rub a little bit, I had to move my parking brake cable, well after the tire moved it for me! But I didnt' lift it or wheel spacers. They work great for playing in the mud and plowing snow!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i went with 27'' swamplites two weeks ago, man it is like day and night compared with stock tires
the only disapointement was to find out that the 28'' would have fit , so to anyone wondering on the 2010 xtx models, since the ground clearance is lower that previous models 28'' tires will fit without lift kit:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought today some 27x9x14 front and 27x11x14 rear for my 650 xt, I did some research and these had a lot of good reviews and seem to be lighter than others and good for this prowler, any body else running these and have any reviews.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I just bought today some 27x9x14 front and 27x11x14 rear for my 650 xt, I did some research and these had a lot of good reviews and seem to be lighter than others and good for this prowler, any body else running these and have any reviews.
What kind did you buy,swamplites. If so muddogefi has run them on a few buggys.Do you happen to know the weight on those,there is a weight chart on here somewhere but I can't find it.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
yes I do ,ive run these 28" swamplites on 3 different machines,,,,love them....the only reason that the newer prowlers have a lower ground clearance is because of the stock tires..... the swamplites are a great all around tire but the do wear fast on hard pack,,, they are quiet ,smooth ,and aggressive all at the same time..and the price is very reasonable.....just my 2 cents:D if you go on kg motorcycle tires website, I believe they will tell you the weight

·
Registered
18 Posts
Because the thread is about Swamplites forgot to mention that is what i bought, I think they will be ok for know, I am not planning on doing a lot of hard pavement travel only when taking it around the neighborhood with my kids. Found several good reviews on these and got a real good deal from a guy who purchased them and only used them 3 times and changed for 30, I will also try to get them installed soon.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Because the thread is about Swamplites forgot to mention that is what i bought, I think they will be ok for know, I am not planning on doing a lot of hard pavement travel only when taking it around the neighborhood with my kids. Found several good reviews on these and got a real good deal from a guy who purchased them and only used them 3 times and changed for 30, I will also try to get them installed soon.
Sounds great,pictures when you can..............

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thanks to everyone that posted up your opinion on the Swamplites, we just started carrying them and appreciate you sharing your experience with them.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Um sorry dont shoot be but I wont run the lites they wear to fast for me Big Horns arent perfect but they are close I will stick with Big Horns for now anyways. The lites are not a good choice for a dessert tire the will chunk out on you.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Um sorry dont shoot be but I wont run the lites they wear to fast for me Big Horns arent perfect but they are close I will stick with Big Horns for now anyways. The lites are not a good choice for a dessert tire the will chunk out on you.
I think Brian said they will wear fast on hard top also,I think they will do better in the mud than my bighorns.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I think Brian said they will wear fast on hard top also,I think they will do better in the mud than my bighorns.
They wear faster than Big Horns anywhere

1 - 20 of 22 Posts