Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any one has removed the rear sway bar from there prowler? I was told it would ride better in whops but not corner as good? any truth to this! i ride glams and TB sands!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I took mine off of the long travel kit I had. It does ride better, and handle worse. In the dunes it is a good option. You can always throw it back on if are gonna ride hardpack at higher speeds..................

·
Registered
39 Posts
It all depends on the weight and/or how many people ride (2 or4) in the unit. Make sure when/if you do unhook the sway bar to leave it in place, out of the way so if you don't like the ride you can put it back easily. I would try it both ways. Drivers choice!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
dont have one on since the long travel kit ... i really dont noticed any handling differences ... but that could be due to where and how i ride

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was going to build a quick disconnect for mine but the bind that they have on them makes it pretty hard to do, its possible put connceting and disconnecting is where thr headache comes.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I tried it and it does give you more travel and it does ride smoother, but handling sucks, I aired up the tires and helped a little but I ended up re installing it. I even tried it with the 350lb springs and still didnt like it. I ride in pretty rough stuff but run highway to get to the rough , only place I liked having it off was in the deep mud.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did anyone that removed the sway bar have upgraded shock/springs? We are trying to get a smoother ride in a medium rocky area, desert trails. Thanks

·
Registered
618 Posts
Took the swaybar off my 08 650 last year in Utah and I won't be putting it back on. Couldn't tie it up out of the way because of the way the exhaust runs on the 08 though.

Handling in high speed corners is a little different but if you back out of the gas and then get back on it, it seems to handle fine. May try turning the rear shocks up a knotch or two but overall I like it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Took the swaybar off my 08 650 last year in Utah and I won't be putting it back on. Couldn't tie it up out of the way because of the way the exhaust runs on the 08 though.

Handling in high speed corners is a little different but if you back out of the gas and then get back on it, it seems to handle fine. May try turning the rear shocks up a knotch or two but overall I like it.
Thank you for the information. What you are running for shocks and springs?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Stock shocks and springs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts