Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently ordered shorter cables for my xtz tailgate so it would open flat. they work great. i had to pay for a minimum order so i got 6 cables. i want to sell 2 sets. they are 3/32" aircraft cable coated to 3/16 with machine crimped ends. 900lb rating. i can sit on tailgate no problem. 25 bucks a set pm me with phone mumber if you want them. takes a couple hours to install with regular tools.

·
Registered
277 Posts
i recently ordered shorter cables for my xtz tailgate so it would open flat. they work great. i had to pay for a minimum order so i got 6 cables. i want to sell 2 sets. they are 3/32" aircraft cable coated to 3/16 with machine crimped ends. 900lb rating. i can sit on tailgate no problem. 25 bucks a set pm me with phone mumber if you want them. takes a couple hours to install with regular tools.
I'm in for a set, but curious as to why they take so long to install? Don't the stock ones simply install with one bolt on the tailgate and one bolt in the side of the bed? Do these install differently?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I did the same thing. I tried to install them and all the factory bolts are either stripped or the nuts are spinning. I looked at what it would take to take the box off and decided that I would have to wait until I had more time. Is that what you ran into?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the top bolts have lock nuts behind the body panels. bolts on tailgate have welded nuts. it is alot more easy to just remove the bed, turn upside down and remove body panels. also great time to sound deaden all the rattles and vibrations. i even installed several tie downs while i had access to bed frame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts