Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone just in the process of buying my first prowler 700 hdx and am looking for oppinions

·
Registered
404 Posts
Opinions on what?
Colors
Tires
Wheels
Radios
????

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Welcome to the site! Great people, and very helpful. From what I hear about the HDX, it is a good machine. I have a 700 XTX that has been great. The 700 engine/transmission has been very dependable for me. What year machine are you getting?

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
welcome to the family man ,,,,,where are you from ?? ...help us help you:D what are you going to be doing with this new machine???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tazman

It is 2013 I live in new castle pa I do a lot of woodcutting and I will also be plowing snow

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
They are great for snow plowing! I actually enjoy pushing snow!

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
will be a real good all around machine.......when you get ready to put accessories on it ,,we can help,,we can spend your money fast:D:D:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just got back from my dealer we were dealing on a leftover 2013 but he gave me such a good deal on a 2014 i am getting it when it comes in other than the plow which got with the deal i want to put a windsheild and hard top on it

·
Registered
404 Posts
i just got back from my dealer we were dealing on a leftover 2013 but he gave me such a good deal on a 2014 i am getting it when it comes in other than the plow which got with the deal i want to put a windsheild and hard top on it
If you plan on riding in the woods or brush I would suggest getting the full glass windshield. The plexiglass type scratches very easily compared to glass. Glare isn't near as bad either especially once the plex is scratched. And don't waste the money on hand powered wiper kit. It's absolutely garbage.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Sounds like tazman is getting a nice machine, send pictures so we can drool!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
thanks guys i was wondering about the windshield
like chaz said if your gonna beat trails down real glass is what you want,not sure your style riding or if you want a full windshield or a folding style.i have a 2 pc poly one and i like it.you also have to know how to clean it.:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the info do you have the cat poly or aftermarket everything I read about the aftermarket is not good also what is the best roof the cat or is 2 piece aftermarket ok as you can tell I'm not a good speller and this Is my first time on a forum besides just reading I already typed this 2 times and I don't know where it went I hope this one works am I supposed to go to a different thread now

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
as soon as I get it I will have my grandson put a pic. on I don't know how it is supposed to ship next week

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I have a factory cat 2 piece roof, it is a good product and it has had a lot of abuse! It still looks like new! I have a factory glass windshield, and a Handmade Lexan unit. I think I like my lexan one better, it weighs less, and is easy to remove, or install.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
i have a factory cat 2 piece roof, it is a good product and it has had a lot of abuse! It still looks like new! I have a factory glass windshield, and a handmade lexan unit. I think i like my lexan one better, it weighs less, and is easy to remove, or install.
2 pc factory artic cat top for me also..........fits great.:)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
as above 2 pc. factory top … and it been through hell and back and still looks great and has held up fine

as to the windshield … NO ISSUES with 2 pc folder whatever the plastic material is LOL .. ya it has some scratches but it also has over 5000 mile of heavy forest riding use on it and a ton of dirt n gravel roads … I usually take the rear when riding with friends as my tires just kill those behind me if I ride in line or front [they chuck rocks and bolders out the back like crazy . I have been on my side once and near that several more times I would not want a glass window in front of me period .. I also go under blow over trees many times and don't get out to cut/saw the path unless I have to … yes I carry a chain saw as there are a lot of blow over bug kill trees in our ride area. but that just one mans opinion

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks guys I ordered the 2 piece cat roof and the one piece plastic windshield how is the right way to clean it

1 - 20 of 39 Posts