Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2008 Prowler XT 650 HI. Have had problems with starting/cranking since it was new. The starter would turn over and over for maybe a series of 3 times or more before it would finally crank. It clicks-maybe 10-15 times before it will even turn over now. Still have to go through the 2 or 3 series before it will crank. The technician has put a new battery, solnoid, checked fuses and relays and today took the starter off and had it checked by a starter repair shop to see if that was it. Prowler still does the same thing. Anyone have nay suggestions? I am not a technician for engines, but will be happy to relay info to him or will give you his contact if you want to talk with him. Do not want to take it to the woods because it may not crank! Any ides or suggestions?? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Check your valve adjustment

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I think some of the extra cranking is normal on these machines, at least if they sit for any period of time. Sometimes it takes time for the vacuum fuel pump to get fuel up to the carburetor since the vacuum is created off the compressions of the motor. Mine will usually start somewhat quickly if I've been running througout the day. But other times it will take a few cranks if it ever sits for days.

·
Registered
250 Posts
do a search for "primer bulb" on here, like shane said the fuel pumps are vacuum driven and have to have compression for them to work, which means cranking, some of the guys put a primer bulb like in a boat to get the fuel to there faster. as far as the "click click click" from the key i had it happen to my xtx when i was still under warranty and i want to say it was just a ignition switch, also i know alot of the 650 guys are running an extra ground from the battery to help with things

1 - 5 of 5 Posts