Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are heading out for a 4 day riding/camping trip this tuesday at Land Between the Lakes turkey bay. I've got a box of spares and a few tools that will stay in the prowler. In it I have a spare belt, 2 plugs, 2 tierods with ends, a complete set of brakepads, a crapload of tire plugs with glue and a compressor, various nuts bolts and of course zip ties. Under the hood I have the tow rope, dust masks, rain coats, tarp with bungees incase we need a quick roof, machete,and a 9mm with extra clip. I have a well packed toolbox that will stay with the truck. The wifes packing the camper full of nonessentials like food, clothes blah blah blah. So what did I forget? Oh yeah, I'm also taking the mini HD and 2 flip cams so hopefully i'll have a few vids.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hope you have fun! I would bring a couple of blocks for more purchase if needed, and of course a fire extinguisher. And earplugs for when you want to stop for target practice.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hey ryan it is dry here to, so you better pick it up before you get to kentucky. When are you going i am only about 30 miles from there maybe i will come ride with you guys one day.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
here is what you need now [below] . I have the sportsman II .. it will haul a big camps supplies for 2 or more with room left over and an elk out on top of it to bring out !!

ATV PAC-RAT

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey ryan it is dry here to, so you better pick it up before you get to kentucky. When are you going i am only about 30 miles from there maybe i will come ride with you guys one day.
We'll be there tuesday afternoon hopefully, and staying until saturday. We'll be staying at Piney campground. I'll pm you my cell# and if you get the itch to ride give me a call. When I have the wife and kids I won't be riding anything too rough but i'll be heading out once or twice without them.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here is what you need now [below] . I have the sportsman II .. it will haul a big camps supplies for 2 or more with room left over and an elk out on top of it to bring out !!

ATV PAC-RAT
Those are nice, saw a test on one awhile back in an atv mag. Would come in handy for sure.

·
Registered
421 Posts
we are heading out for a 4 day riding/camping trip this tuesday at land between the lakes turkey bay. I've got a box of spares and a few tools that will stay in the prowler. In it i have a spare belt, 2 plugs, 2 tierods with ends, a complete set of brakepads, a crapload of tire plugs with glue and a compressor, various nuts bolts and of course zip ties. Under the hood i have the tow rope, dust masks, rain coats, tarp with bungees incase we need a quick roof, machete,and a 9mm with extra clip. I have a well packed toolbox that will stay with the truck. The wifes packing the camper full of nonessentials like food, clothes blah blah blah. So what did i forget? Oh yeah, i'm also taking the mini hd and 2 flip cams so hopefully i'll have a few vids.
once you get the beer and trade that 9mm in for something with a 4 in the front you should be good to go!!

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I ride much different terrain. But packing in what you might need is only limited to weight IMO. When I ride Baja with no cell service i like to have everything I can carry.

There are so many tricks to this.

carry pepper for the radiator, it stops leaks and works like I couldn't believe.
JB weld is a must

like I said so many little light weight things can save you. You could have a thread dedicated to what to bring riding.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I dont know where that photo came from but I think its funny!:D
It is funny, Its a redneck camping kit and you can get just about all of it at walmart

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ride much different terrain. But packing in what you might need is only limited to weight IMO. When I ride Baja with no cell service i like to have everything I can carry.

There are so many tricks to this.

carry pepper for the radiator, it stops leaks and works like I couldn't believe.
JB weld is a must

like I said so many little light weight things can save you. You could have a thread dedicated to what to bring riding.
Glad you mentioned JB Weld, I need to get some.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
never heard of the pepper one , lil more info about it's use .... like how much do you add to start the fix ect ect

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
We used it on my two wheeler. I had a small leak in the radiator, on the seem from a wipe out. And we poured about 5 of the pepper packets from Mcdonalds in it. It held for about an hour or so until we got to the chase truck.

The pepper gets stuck in the leaks and holds. I know it sounds crazy but it works.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts