Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We’ve just been given the first look at the new Textron Off Road Havoc X and this Sport-Utility machine clearly has the Polaris General in its sights.

There is a new player in the multi-purpose UTV market – the Textron Off Road Havoc X. At least on paper, this machine looks like a direct competitor to the Polaris General.

The Textron Off Road Havoc X (MSRP starts at $17,299) is powered by a 953cc Twin cylinder engine that produces a claimed 100 horsepower. Other specs include 67 ft-lb of torque, 13 inches of ground clearance, 12.9 inches of rear suspension ravel, 12.8 inches of front suspension travel, King 2.5-inch piggyback shocks, 600-pound dumping bed, 2,000 pounds of towing capacity and 4,000-pound WARN winch.

Check out the preview here: Textron Off Road Havoc X Preview + Video - ATV.com

·
Registered
254 Posts
for a 1800+ pound machine it looks pretty nimble!

HAVOC VIDEO

·
Administrator
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've always been skeptical when companies buy other ones and put their own spin on things, but this is looking pretty good.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Ya, I'm gonna take a very close look at them when they hit the showroom floor. If they ride better, cooler and quieter than the Prowler. And have a long array of accessories available, I'll be interested.

·
Administrator
7,280 Posts
I can see you in a new Havoc!

Reactions: Bryan

·
Registered
254 Posts
i found this while reading the article posted below

Havoc X is the first model in the Textron’s Havoc line, and offers an extended cab for additional storage space.
i may be reading too far into it but it sounds like there is more havoc models to come??? maybe they are just referring to it as year one of the line?? who knows, but its defiantly getting interesting. i will be taking a trip to country cat in december by the looks of things though.

this rig seems to fit most of what i need other than a large box with more weight capacity. i guess i will just have to keep the old HDX up to par to do some of the bigger hauling jobs when and if this one comes along. :)

HAVOC Link

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
I'll keep the ole 650, too. It will be my work horse. But I'll never take it to a rough trail ride, again. Cheese trails are fine, but Black River Falls? No way! Been looking at the Generals, they conquer those rough trails. If the Havoc is par or better with the General? I'll hit the Buy It Now button.

·
Administrator
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i may be reading too far into it but it sounds like there is more havoc models to come???
They did announce the Prowler EV recently, so I have a feeling there could be a lot more models to come, if not Havoc than another name.

I'm sure they're looking at all the different models and what they can be used for to build the brand, or perhaps waiting to see how it does vs. The General to get an idea of a direction to take.

Should be interesting to keep track of.

·
Registered
254 Posts
well how do you like this?!?!?!
i found a dealer selling pre-orders for $17299 at Indian Motorcycle North Boston.
Get your orders in!

Boston Craigslist

Reactions: Bryan

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
I'll have to try one on for size, before I buy. Be nice if I could run the Black River Falls trails in a demo, first. If it rides like my Prowler, that's the deal buster!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts