Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Big changes for Arctic Cat brand

Like most of you, we were surprised by the announcement that Arctic Cat was acquired by Textron Motors over the winter. The news meant a much-needed infusion of funding for the Cat company, and a whole new level of market share for Textron. Good news for both companies. But what does it mean for the consumer? That news seems to be pretty good, too. Recently, Textron held a meeting of select dealers and press near Dallas, Texas, to let…

The Cat Out of the Bag

For the ATV and UTV side of life, The Arctic Cat brands are being folded into the Textron Off Road banner. This means that going forward, with new model introductions from here, Wildcats will now be Textron Off Road Wildcats. The same goes for Prowlers and Altera ATVs. This rebranding will take place over the next six-plus months.

To check the article, head here: Textron Off Road Replacing Arctic Cat Name - ATV.com

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Ordering some new stock parts for our older Prowlers is impossible, I hope this doesn't make them discontinue more of them. Maybe it's time for an upgrade.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Ordering some new stock parts for our older Prowlers is impossible, I hope this doesn't make them discontinue more of them. Maybe it's time for an upgrade.
Yep, might be a good time to start looking.

·
Administrator
7,277 Posts
Long time owners are faced with this issue! I made a choice to stick with my Prowler and collected parts to fix most components. Many newer parts will adapt to the older units. Aftermarket support for the square tube units is about Zip! I'm flat to old to consider switching, so it is what it is! Besides my wife would shoot me if I bought another toy!

·
Administrator
7,277 Posts
Noticed our local family farm, and home store is now selling Odes 800 SXS's, not a bad looking machine, sure beats the Coleman units they had last year!

·
Registered
254 Posts
i do like that new rig in the pic. its about time they get doors. after reading the article i understand the reasoning for changing the dirt model names to textron, it just is going to be weird for a while.
i hope they keep the HDX lineup under the new badge name. its the only reason i got a side by side. i need to work more than i need to play but the HDX gave me both worlds with a sporty setup. the box size is just the perfect size for what i need to do.

·
Administrator
7,277 Posts
Be interesting to see what models they keep. They (Textron) have a recall on the offroad buggy regarding safety. Seatbelts, or lack of!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
i do like that new rig in the pic. its about time they get doors.
The one in the pic is their Stampede Bad Boy Buggy they came out with last year. It will be interesting to see if they just replace the Prowler lineup with it or redesign the Prowler. Arctic Cat was making the HDX for someone else who put their name on them, can't remember the brand now.

·
Administrator
7,277 Posts
Nice looking rig! The engine makes 80+ HP, and can also make up to 130! I think Toro markets the HDX!

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
Administrator
7,277 Posts
Be interesting to follow!

·
Administrator
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On another site, we're talking about how awesome it would be if they made an armored version.

Bombing around in the back 40 like a mini tank. Would sure give the wildlife a stir.

Textron has its hands in a lot of things, so I'm interested to see where they take this market. They're hinting at follow up machines but we'll see what they come up with.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
The one in the pic is their Stampede Bad Boy Buggy they came out with last year. It will be interesting to see if they just replace the Prowler lineup with it or redesign the Prowler. Arctic Cat was making the HDX for someone else who put their name on them, can't remember the brand now.
I made the 240 mile round trip to the closest Bass Pro Shop store to see the Stampede. I was disappointed in it. It was very uncomfortable to sit it. I did not like it at all. I will keep my Prowler and find ways to keep it in good working order, if anything goes wrong with it.

·
Administrator
7,277 Posts
Regardless of new offerings, I'll stay with my Prowler! It does everything I need, provides a lot of fun, and it is paid for! LOL

·
Premium Member
413 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Doesn't look good for the Prowler lineup.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
The email I got today shows an electric Prowler coming.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,277 Posts
I looked at the Textron Electric at Country Cat, not really my bag so I won't comment!

·
Registered
254 Posts
to say im disappointed would be an understatement. i hope this isnt their whole lineup. i suspect it is not considering the new havoc isnt in there yet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts