Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to thank my Great wife for letting me get a mew engine and to John the owner of Motocity Arctic Cat in Avondale Az for cutting me a deal on the engine. Again thank you both!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
engine

it helps a lot to have a wife that sometimes understands.joe tell her i said that was very nice of her to let you get a new motor.:)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Yes we have been married 37 years and I signed her senior report card when we got married.

·
Registered
733 Posts
wow! 37 years married! cheers to you both Joe. Hope you get your buggy up and running soon so you can enjoy your winter season
Mitch

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
thats what i thought mitch 37 years is a long time to be married.i waited a little more than that to get married.i had to get my running out of my system.:)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Congrats on pretty much everything Joe! 37yrs, a new engine, and a wife that understands! Hope the install goes well!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow! 37 years married! cheers to you both Joe. Hope you get your buggy up and running soon so you can enjoy your winter season
Mitch
Thank You She has been thru a lot with me with my health problems she has been a blessing!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Joe, I know with your health problems it may be just more than you want to tackle. I know shipping may be too much, but if you ever want to ship that broken motor to me in Utah, I'd be more than happy to tear into it for you and see if I can fix it for you (my wife wouldn't be happy, but she is never happy with me :D). Save you some money over having your dealer do it. I have one motor under my belt. So I at least have some knowledge with these things.....:D

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Joe, I know with your health problems it may be just more than you want to tackle. I know shipping may be too much, but if you ever want to ship that broken motor to me in Utah, I'd be more than happy to tear into it for you and see if I can fix it for you (my wife wouldn't be happy, but she is never happy with me :D). Save you some money over having your dealer do it. I have one motor under my belt. So I at least have some knowledge with these things.....:D
Thank You!

·
Registered
412 Posts
If nothing else you guys maybe could get that thing going and maybe get some of your money back! Just a thought...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
If nothing else you guys maybe could get that thing going and maybe get some of your money back! Just a thought...
That is why I was offering to rebuild it. Heck, maybe I should buy it and rebuild it for myself so I'd have a 700.:D But I don't know if just going from a 650 - 700 would be worth the hassle. Now a 1000, that is a different story. Anybody want to break and sell me their 1000 motor......:D

·
Registered
412 Posts
I don't know man. I keep hearing these guys with the 700's talking about running in the high 50's (mph)... Unless I've mis-read. And for my machine anyway that would be a heck of a gain! And there again you could upgrade to the 700 and sell your 650! Probably be to me cause the next thing on my list that's going to break is the motor (only thing that's not been recently replaced!) lol

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my 700 did 62 mph before the clutch work

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Daryle,your probably close to 700 with your big bore kit.

·
Registered
733 Posts
mine will do around 55 but my clutch work isn't done yet ;)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Is there a thread on here about top speeds of these Prowlers? I'd be curious to know what the ballpark average is for top speeds on all the Prowlers (650, 700, 1000). I'd like to know how mine stacks up. I honestly don't know what my top speed is, but I'm guessing maybe in the 40's....

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
shane,Iwould think it would go faster than that,do you have a full windshield.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
shane,Iwould think it would go faster than that,do you have a full windshield.
I do not have a windshield. I really don't know what my top speed is. Most of my experience driving it was on my elk hunt at over 8000 ft elevation, and I was still at stock jetting. So I think I was losing a little bit of speed there. Drove in the hills by my house about 4500 ft elevation and she seemed a litte more peppy, but the trail was curvy and I never had a long enough stretch to open her all the way up. So she may be faster than I think. But she definitely isn't a speed demon.....:D

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Is there a thread on here about top speeds of these Prowlers? I'd be curious to know what the ballpark average is for top speeds on all the Prowlers (650, 700, 1000). I'd like to know how mine stacks up. I honestly don't know what my top speed is, but I'm guessing maybe in the 40's....
My stock '07 650 hits the rev limiter at 48 mph and that's with a windshield.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts