Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a member since January this year and just wanted to thank everyone for their help and advice on the board. I might post some pics of my Prowler some day soon, but it's not as near a cool as most of the rides on here - you guys have done some real nice work to your rides.

I've had mine since November 2005 right when they came out. I've used is HARD on my hunting lease the last 3.5 years. It has many, many battle scars from hard rock trails, boulders, and steep hills. I look at videos that people have online of UTVs going over, up, and down rocky trails and have to laugh! They are going slow over what is a light or medium trail compared to what I do most of the time. My friends have Rangers, Rhinos, and Mules - and the Prowler smokes them all!!!!

I going thru a bunch of work right now to get my "buggy" (as I call it) back in tip top shape:
1. Replaced sheared rear CV axles (thanks for the help)
2. Putting new rotors and pads on front and rear
3. Replacing frozen rear brake caliper
4. Finally installing my winch on the front factory mounts
5. Replacing the head gasket to fix an overheating problem
6. Installing a removable rear jump seat from Cabelas
7. Adding a roof rack for more cargo (already have a spare up top)

I still need to tackle the noise issue at some point. Even with the Benz Silent Rider, it's still noisy.

Again, thanks for all the help and I'll post some pics when it's back together.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sort of. Damn, the cylinder head has a lot of carbon build up on it. Going to a machine shop tomorrow and let them sort it out.

My plan was to turn the FJ40 I bought in May '08 into a hunting rig and sell the Prowler, but after realizing it had no rust and all the factory spot welds were still visible, I decided against it, and put a $h1tload of money into the FJ40 and decided to keep the Prowler.

My buddy also got a 91 4Runner for free that we are using as well as a hunting truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts