Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a picture of the new articcat Trail motor,it did say it was designed by A/C.???????????????????

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
not sure I like the way the transmission and rear diff are all one unit

·
Registered
404 Posts
Personally I'm not happy with the design of it in general, I think it looks cheap and looks like a glorified child's toy.

·
Administrator
7,334 Posts
84 inch wheelbase, 50 inch track width makes for tight packaging! Time will tell! Still like it better than a 800 RZR.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure I like the way the transmission and rear diff are all one unit
I just noticed that brian,dirt trax said they beat it all day long,and it preformed great,I think the 800rzr has 50+ HP this has 60+.I guess it depends on what kind of riding you want to do,but a lot of trails are still only for 50'' buggys.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did more research.....The motor is designed by cat engineers and built by KYMCO.it has a bolt on trans-axle.

·
Administrator
7,334 Posts
You can be the first one on the block to buy one! I would, but then I'd be living in it per my wife's direction! LOL

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can be the first one on the block to buy one! I would, but then I'd be living in it per my wife's direction! LOL
Same here.................she would make me take it back...........:D:D

·
Administrator
7,334 Posts
Understand that! It would turn things ugly real fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She keeps telling me that she drives a 2003 KIA (she would kill to keep her car!), and I drive a new truck, but all in fun. Buying a new machine would drive her over the edge!

·
Administrator
7,334 Posts
Keep going back to the picture of the engine, wonder if you could drop one in a Prowler!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keep going back to the picture of the engine, wonder if you could drop one in a Prowler!
RD not sure which way it turn's you might have to flip your diff's.Plus you would have a awful long front drive shaft..

·
Registered
561 Posts
RD not sure which way it turn's you might have to flip your diff's.Plus you would have a awful long front drive shaft..
you should see the drive shaft in the wildcat and rzr 1000. I don't think it would be any longer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts