Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hold on to your hats boys!!!!!! There gonna relese the new arcticcat line up this sunday in vagas:d:d:d:d.....is it time to trade?????????

·
Registered
414 Posts
I wouldn't survive even suggesting it to my wife. She would kill me with just her glare. Lol.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
What and start all over!!!!!!!!!!!! No thanks LOL

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im more interested to see what they do on the prowlers,,,,,,,could a new machine be in my future??????:eek::confused::confused:;)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I got a friend looking at used side by sides for hunting I might have to should shoot him a price depending on what's released today.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Me Too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Need updates!

·
Registered
404 Posts
First found photos

These are the first photos I have seen. Looks like a new sport class wildcat with high clearance a arms. And a complete new body style for the prowlers and atvs. Not sure I am a fan of the new styling. Still no idea of any significant new model debuts.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152287914331262&id=97361566261

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152287919481262&id=97361566261

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152287916521262&id=97361566261

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152287927781262&id=97361566261

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so far ,,,im not impressed:confused::mad::(

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Went to the Arctic Cat Inc. site, the new cats are shown. Looks like the Prowler is still running the same drive train. Not sure on the looks! No more XTX, just XT. So if I want a new Prowler, I can just swap out the plastics!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Went to the Arctic Cat Inc. site, the new cats are shown. Looks like the Prowler is still running the same drive train. Not sure on the looks! No more XTX, just XT. So if I want a new Prowler, I can just swap out the plastics!
I also checked it out,the Quads are completely redesigned,and they also mentioned a noise reduction for the Quads.They didn't mention to much about the prowler,but the shiftier is located where it is on the HDX.........I would think in almost 9 years there would be big changes suspension and noise wise.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Kind of disappointing wasn't it? What the heck, I still have my machine and it is a living project! On the bright side, we will be able to buy Prowler drive train parts until the end of time! Not to excited bout the shift lever being moved, but then again, nobody asked me! LOL

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know im pretty disapointed!!!! 9 years and all they could come up with is new plastic???? What a joke,,,,,no 4 seater???i guess theres no reason to traid mine in:( just venting................................

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I know im pretty disapointed!!!! 9 years and all they could come up with is new plastic???? What a joke,,,,,no 4 seater???i guess theres no reason to traid mine in:( just venting................................
I got a little more info on it,The frame platform is the same,they gave it more storage space and re-did the EFI for better fuel economy and it looks like the shiftier is on the dash.The new body work don't look bad .......that's my thoughts..looks like it is offered in a 450,550,700,1000

·
Registered
414 Posts
What I like:
1) The new Surlyn body panels. Those panels are tough and, since the color is embedded into the material, pretty darn scratch resistant.
2) The redesigned look of the front. I think it looks a lot more "sporty" than the older designs.
3) The under-hood storage box seems to be a lot more roomy allowing my wife to pack more crap in it.
4) The dash looks pretty slick. I like the new cubby, the relocation of the rocker switches and gauge, and it seems to have a lot more flat surfaces to mount non-oem accessories to.
5) That the 1000 model is still being offered. My next machine will most definitely be a 1000.

What I don't like:
1) Same old ass frame design. I keep making fun of my Yamaha-loving buddies for their machines antiquated design and here we are in the same boat.
2) No redesign of the suspension. Sure....it has FOX shocks, but no real change.
3) Same crappy seats. Why can't they start putting high back seats in these things?
4) Again with the 79" height!!! Nothing against the tall folks that probably appreciate that feature, but at some point, I'm going to get a real toy hauler and 79" is quite a bit taller...........have to chop another roll cage down.

·
Registered
518 Posts
The hood does make much more sense, especially for those with a brush guard. Always thought the outward opening hood was kinda weird and especially sucks with the brush guard. Does look like there is much more storage space in there, too. On the flip side, it is kinda nice to have easy access to everything under the hood if you are heavy into tinkering. I like the new styling on the front. I couldn't find a good pic of the dash. Anybody got a linky??

1 - 20 of 46 Posts