Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am new to the forum and just bought my second prowler. The first is an 08 650 with 4 seat cage and child seats in bed and the secound i just picked up for 3500$ with gorilla axles, 27 in mudlites, plow,walker evans shocks,and a snorkle kit. My wife wasn't happy when I brought it home last week. Im pretty sure the bevel gear in the tranny blew.Anyhow ive been in the military for 4 years now and stationed in alaska and loving every minute. I also have two kids boy 2yrs and girl 4 yrs and married to my highschool sweetheart.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Two things Thanks for Serving and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Welcome aboard. Thanks for your service. Are you Air Force or Army? I used to know a few guys at Elmendorf on the F-15. Congrats on your Prowler.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Hey if the wife is too mad @ ya I will take it off your hand's.

N.P. Alaska here.

Did you get the stock axles too? I just broke another one this weekend!

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a spare axle for the rear, it is a cv restoration axle from ebay. It was 240$ with shipping and it is chromolly shaft. It is currently on my good prowler.It only has about 20 miles on it. I cant seem to get off the gorilla thats on the broke prowler. I have been standing on a 3 foot breaker bar stying to get axle nut off. I would probly sell it for 200 or make me an offer

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome aboard. Thanks for your service. Are you Air Force or Army? I used to know a few guys at Elmendorf on the F-15. Congrats on your Prowler.

I am in the Air Force. I work on hydraulic systems on the c-17 and c-5. I actually work In-Route which is basically a gas station for crews that are flying over seas.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I am in the Air Force. I work on hydraulic systems on the c-17 and c-5. I actually work In-Route which is basically a gas station for crews that are flying over seas.

That's a cool job. I have a ton of friends that fly for my company and also fly for the ANG or reserves. Some of them are out of Rickenbacker a few pilots and a couple of them are 121st Air Refueling Wing I think on C-17's. Enjoy AK while you can it seems like a great place to be (in the summer time).

·
Registered
656 Posts
Welcome to the site. And thanks for your service to our country.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks for your service, and welcome

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Are you going the right way? Or the left way to get that nut loose? Just kidding. Is it corroded or just impact tight? If corroded Have you thought about some heat and penatrating oil? Not hot just pretty warm? If it is just super tight have you thought about having someone tap on the breaker bar while you put pressure on it? Maybe a little heat for this as well. Was there a cotter pin in it? Or no and that is why it is so tight?
I have a spare axle for the rear, it is a cv restoration axle from ebay. It was 240$ with shipping and it is chromolly shaft. It is currently on my good prowler.It only has about 20 miles on it. I cant seem to get off the gorilla thats on the broke prowler. I have been standing on a 3 foot breaker bar stying to get axle nut off. I would probly sell it for 200 or make me an offer

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lefty loosey righty tighty right? All I know is ive broke 2 axles and they were both about that tight. I had to drill two holes in one of them and whale on it with a sledge hammer and chissle to get it off.I did look at the threads on whats sticking out past the nut just to make sure they werent backwards. I tried to get my wife to buy me a air compressor for fathers day but as you can tell she won that one. There was no cotter key in it it was the nut that came with the gorilla axle. Thats also a good idea with someone hitting the breaker bar with pressure on it never thought of that but I will try it. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts