Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, once again I still poke my head in to read some of the comments but don't post much anymore. Although, the Prowler was where it all started with me for UTV's.

I ended up selling my RZR-4 800. It was a good machine, and we had fun with it. However, for my type of uses (hunting and trail riding with family) I always wanted more of a utility machine that could carry more cargo and people. So in comes my new toy a 2018 Can-Am Defender Max DPS HD8. I really wanted the Cadillac XT HD10 Max version, but it was already a heated discussion with the wife due to cost...:) I was set to get the new Polaris Ranger crew 1000 with very reluctant permission from the wife but ended up getting this Defender model instead to save some $$$ ($$$ that could go towards some of the wife's wants).:) I haven't really driven it other than when I test drove it and brought it home. Other than a couple laps around the block, she has been sitting in my garage for winter. Although I have slowly added some goodies to her already. Can't leave them alone (just isn't my nature).....;)

My first Can-Am. Hoping I'll get many joyful years out of her......

Attachments

Reactions: CCProwlerhdx

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about that Defender!! She will be a good machine for your hunting needs!! I looked them over really good before I ended up trading for my XTZ.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The defender looks like a sweet machine. A friend of mine just picked up the Defender XMR 1000. Sweet bike and can go through some thick stuff. I am sure you'll enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There were two things I loved about the Defender series, and that was the cab layout of the machine and how quiet the machines are. And when I say quiet, I'm saying the whole package from the motor to the drive train to the lack of any squeaks or rattling that I didn't hear when test driving the machine. It was very nice. But granted, this was a new machine. Will see how she is after she is broken in.

This is a good review video that points to some of the details I liked. While it is a review on the 3 seater model and not the Max, it basically points to how smooth and quiet the machine is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts