Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up my new-to-me toy yesterday. Toyhauler that is, to haul the Prowler and the family around.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
That's awesome! I'm jealous

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
nice camper man!! good luck with it:D

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
roll bar clear ? looks close

nice looking rig need inside pic's :)
have fun with her !

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Very Nice Shane! looks like it will make for some nice outings!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
roll bar clear ? looks close

nice looking rig need inside pic's :)
have fun with her !
The trailer has dual power bunks in the back. A friend and I were working on adjusting those yesterday to provide as much clearance underneath as possible. My Prowler should fit as long as I let the air out of the tires. Worst case scenario, I pull the bottom bunk out and she will fit no problem but I really don't want to have to do that. With my latest adjustments, I shouldn't have too.

I'll get inside pictures posted.

Now parking her at my house is the nightmare. RV parking is very tight both width and height wise. I have to let the air out of the tires just to clear the eve of my house. So I have to let the air out of the tires on both my trailer and Prowler....:D Now I guess I have to practice backing a trailer as I don't have much experience. I just wish I owned a house with some property like some of you guys out there....:(

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And the trip to get her was a whole other story. What a PIA that was....:mad: When I have the time I'll post more details.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Nice camper. Wish I had the deep enough pockets to afford one like some of you! Lmao:D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice camper. Wish I had the deep enough pockets to afford one like some of you! Lmao:D
I'm amazed at what some people pay for trailers. This one was used but didn't break the bank around $13k. I took a 4 hr drive (one way) to buy this trailer. I actually had the intention of purchasing a different trailer for less money. But the seller completely exaggerated the condition of the trailer. It was a complete POS. So needless to say I was pretty pissed off. Fortunately, I had a couple fallback trailers I wanted to look at in case I didn't buy the one. And that is when I found this one. But unfortunately I had to drive back home 4 hrs, and come and get this one another day. So I had to make the long trip twice, and my truck had mechanical issues on the 2nd trip. So it was a real PIA to get this trailer.....:D

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm amazed at what some people pay for trailers.
Agree. It's amazing if you peruse RVT.com the large difference in asking prices for the same trailers. Some differ by $10k or more. How is that possible? I have a Cherokee Wolf Pack 19WP. The closest Forest River dealer didn't stock the one I wanted, so I had one built. It was surprisingly not that expensive and I got some stuff that I wanted that wasn't normally offered. Namely a 100 gal fresh water tank, exclude the fuel tank (unnecessary added weight), heavier duty axles, outside spray hose, etc.

Anyway, congrats on your new toy (hauler). They are pretty cool.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Nice trailer. I wanted the same thing but the wife said. I'm not sleeping in a trailer and smell gas all the time. So need less to say I don't have toy hauler. Another problem we have with our country is the garage has to be separate or closed off from the trailer with a wall and a door. If not you can't get it insured.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Nice trailer. I wanted the same thing but the wife said. I'm not sleeping in a trailer and smell gas all the time. So need less to say I don't have toy hauler. Another problem we have with our country is the garage has to be separate or closed off from the trailer with a wall and a door. If not you can't get it insured.
Really thats different.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
The trailer has dual power bunks in the back. A friend and I were working on adjusting those yesterday to provide as much clearance underneath as possible. My Prowler should fit as long as I let the air out of the tires. Worst case scenario, I pull the bottom bunk out and she will fit no problem but I really don't want to have to do that. With my latest adjustments, I shouldn't have too.

I'll get inside pictures posted.

Now parking her at my house is the nightmare. RV parking is very tight both width and height wise. I have to let the air out of the tires just to clear the eve of my house. So I have to let the air out of the tires on both my trailer and Prowler....:D Now I guess I have to practice backing a trailer as I don't have much experience. I just wish I owned a house with some property like some of you guys out there....:(
move to WV I got 12.25 acres for sale and its in the middle of no where.............lol:D

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
move to WV I got 12.25 acres for sale and its in the middle of no where.............lol:D
And it comes complete with a lifetime membership to Garage Night! :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Agree. It's amazing if you peruse RVT.com the large difference in asking prices for the same trailers. Some differ by $10k or more. How is that possible? I have a Cherokee Wolf Pack 19WP. The closest Forest River dealer didn't stock the one I wanted, so I had one built. It was surprisingly not that expensive and I got some stuff that I wanted that wasn't normally offered. Namely a 100 gal fresh water tank, exclude the fuel tank (unnecessary added weight), heavier duty axles, outside spray hose, etc.

Anyway, congrats on your new toy (hauler). They are pretty cool.
Congrats Out west!

Sockman, our first hauler was a Grey Wolf 21RR. We really like it until I busted my axel on the cart down in South Carolina. We had a weeks prepaid reservation at Hilton Head Harbor and almost had to forfeit the res. Cause I didnt know how I was gonna get the cart in and out so we could camp.
Fortunately, I found a guy that would fix it for me despite the high level of customization. We dropped it by him and headed south for the week, picked it up on the way back north.
I decided that we liked being mobile with the toy enough that we should get one with a seperate garage. Almost double the money, but we really do get our moneys worth out of it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Congrats Out west!

Sockman, our first hauler was a Grey Wolf 21RR. We really like it until I busted my axel on the cart down in South Carolina. We had a weeks prepaid reservation at Hilton Head Harbor and almost had to forfeit the res. Cause I didnt know how I was gonna get the cart in and out so we could camp.
Fortunately, I found a guy that would fix it for me despite the high level of customization. We dropped it by him and headed south for the week, picked it up on the way back north.
I decided that we liked being mobile with the toy enough that we should get one with a seperate garage. Almost double the money, but we really do get our moneys worth out of it.

I hear ya, brother. I bought mine because it was the smallest toy hauler that would carry two ATV's, or specifically, my ATV and my buggy. I didn't use mine hardly at all this year and thought about selling it. I have some home projects that needed my attention this year. In the end, decided to hang on to it. Love it too much. It has a smaller bed up front (48"x75") and then the rear couches turn into a large bed. The wife and kid usually sleep there since I'm a bad snorer. :D

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Yes, the campers shown are very nice! Wish I was 20 years younger, I'd get one!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts