Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 xtz with 1806 miles. just backing out of a hole,not even stuck. just blew the bottom out and the oil poured into the skid plate. no prior noise or any warning at all. i sure hope the gen 3 eng is stronger.:mad::(:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. There are a lot of us running these motors and some of us have small fortunes in these things. Could you explain a little better to use once you get into the motor what went wrong here. Also the pictures are small when you have some time can you post up a bigger picture please. Thank you

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have xtend warr til 5/13 so i wont be taking it apart myself. where i was backing out of would roughly be the equivelent of backing it into a pick up with ramps. and like i said before it just let go,so i dont know if the bevel gears failed and the shock split the case or the case split allowing the gears to sepertate and slip.there just isnt enuf strength in that area,its a quad eng in a mini truck.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thats exactly what happened to my T cat MP. The bevel gear shaft blows out the bottom of the case where the bearing mounts. The tranny its self does not break, its the bottom pan that is too weak, and its thinner on the new motors then the 2010's.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats exactly what happened to my T cat MP. The bevel gear shaft blows out the bottom of the case where the bearing mounts. The tranny its self does not break, its the bottom pan that is too weak, and its thinner on the new motors then the 2010's.
thats kinda what i was thinkn of the picts someelse posted with em all dismantled,trans looks stronger,cases looked weaker.im alil worryd about it:confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
i had the same thing happen to my 2010 xtz this weekend,i was going through a mud hole when mine broke the bottom of the case, have 680miles on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts