Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was backing up a hill tonight with the diff lock on in my 08 prowler xtx and POP. i knew it didnt sound good so i drove up to the house and grabbed the front drivers side axle and sure enough the wheel end is flopping around inside the boot. I just got this prowler and was wondering if maybe it is possible for something to just pop out, or did i infact snap the shaft??? if i did wreck the cv does anyone know if the drivers side is considered the front "left" or "right"??? is there any cross reference parts that are cheaper that will fit??? any info would be great. thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bought this used from an older lady.. she bought it in feb 08 for $13,000 canadian, then i bought it off her for 7,500canadian last month. 1100kms on it. sweet deal but wtf!!! how long do the cat warranties last??? it's not a 3 year is it??

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have a 2 year warranty but I own a 09 dont know if they did before 09.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It sounds like you broke an axle, drivers side of any vehicle is the left side as you would be sitting in it. Gorrila axle is the only aftermarket axle that I am aware of but that doesn't mean that their are others out there! I'm not sure about the U.S. but in Canada, Arctic Cat offered an extended warrenty for 2 years from date of purchase, 1st year is bumper to bumper, 2nd year is powertrain only, can't say if they offered it in 08, as dieselpowered mentioned, go see the dealer, you never know what they will do unless you ask!

Goon

·
Registered
682 Posts
Damn, I hate it when that happens. Unfortunately, I have done it alot. YEP! Broke axle i bet.With the front diff locked in they will snap axles like candy.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DOH! thats what i thought. Kinda tight on cash right now due to having a little boy a few months ago, does anyone have any axles they swapped out for sale???? if so gimme a price shipped to ontario canada. thanks guys, great forum

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got one send me a pm with your phone #

Jim

Thanks Bipolar Jim, i went to the dealer today armed with my vin number and to my suprise, there is an extended warrranty on it!!! they said it has a warranty till march 2010. I am taking it there this week for them to fix. my question is, they said that there is a $50 deductable on the warranty. does that sound right to you or are they trying to take me for a ride and make a quick buck??? Once again thanks Jim, and sorry for the false alarm. Its nice to have a prowler site that actually has some people on it. i joined about 5 or six forums and this one is by far the best and most travelled by people. I will keep you updated on my first experience with an AC dealer.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, took the buggy in today, getting my axle fixed and ebrake fixed for $80bucks canadian. i'll let you know if they jerk me around or something.. lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I broke 4 front axles in the last year and a half and got 1 replaced on warranty. They would not replace any axle with the boot tore and unfortunatly every time you break a axle you have to drive it back and it tears a boot on the way home. I finally bought gorilla axles and have not used it much to see how they work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts