Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I could either dump $$ into my 650, and it still won't have the power I'd like, or I could MAYBE upgrade to either a RzR-S, a Teryx someone already put LT on, or possibly.......an XTZ (if the head gasket and axle issues have finally been worked out). So, based on my geographical location (southern Ca.), what do you think my Prowler is worth-realistically in today's market (see siggy for description)???

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
You know thats a great ride you have there the 650

I would try to keep it and still make a move, I kept my Rhino and gave to the wife and kids. I know it is a hassle I am just saying,,If you get 6500 that would be a good sale in todays market unfortunately The new Rzr just beat the Red Line in every category in SXS Magazine, Its a nice ride. I still went with the cubic inch's that the Prowler has. The dealerships are being pretty good about fixing problems it seems like.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do the vtwin swap and put some suspension on it.
Has this been done on a Prowler before? Since I do not have the equipment or skills to do the labor myself, I'm sure it would be $$$. Any suggestions on who I might get a rough quote from?

Looks like I would lose alot of money on my Prowler based on what I am seeing here......So I asked about a carb swap in an earlier thread, but now I see Speedwerx offers a 40mm plug and play CVK that retains the auto choke and all that. Any thoughts on this carb with their intake system versus a Mikuni w/accelerator pump? With a basically stock motor, would I see any noticable gain?

Sorry for the questions. I guess I want to be careful and not put too much more $$ into this and still not have it keep up with a stock Teryx for example. I will admit, I do like the Prowler, as no one else I ride with has one.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know thats a great ride you have there the 650

I would try to keep it and still make a move, I kept my Rhino and gave to the wife and kids. I know it is a hassle I am just saying,,If you get 6500 that would be a good sale in todays market unfortunately The new Rzr just beat the Red Line in every category in SXS Magazine, Its a nice ride. I still went with the cubic inch's that the Prowler has. The dealerships are being pretty good about fixing problems it seems like.
That would be the ideal situation. But, it boils down to the money thing for me. Can't really afford it. And the wife has no interest (weird, huh?).

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Desert Dog will do the swap, Chris and Warlock have all the info, they both run a swap currently..a stock rotax swap is not that exspensive and you will have plenty of power, right up with the XTZ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.