Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been repairing threads in metal parts for years! I've always used heli-coil inserts. Recently had to replace a heli-coil insert, and the threads were beyond repair in the parent metal. I found a kit for repairing previously repaired thread holes. It is a great kit! I found it on ebay. This product has been around for a long time. They also make standard inserts similar to heli-coils. Price is somewhat higher than heli-coil kits.

Big-Sert 5012 M10 x 1.25 Second Time Thread Repair Kit
Kit comes with drill, tap, countersink bit, and insert installing tool

( 281573801772 )

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That and a drill guide, and I can repair something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL Plan on replacing some heli-coil inserts next week. The inserts come in three different lengths.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
as above plus a Nutsert kit with an assortment + individual sizes not in the kit are very handy to have to complement what you have there.

I have up to 9/16 size down to either a 4 or 6 [don't remember CRS here] but have not added metric to my kit yet, I should but you know how that goes .. ya forget until you need one :(

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Been repairing threads in metal parts for years! I've always used heli-coil inserts. Recently had to replace a heli-coil insert, and the threads were beyond repair in the parent metal. I found a kit for repairing previously repaired thread holes. It is a great kit! I found it on ebay. This product has been around for a long time. They also make standard inserts similar to heli-coils. Price is somewhat higher than heli-coil kits.

Kit comes with drill, tap, countersink bit, and insert installing tool

( 281573801772 )
I had to rut a heli-coil in my old ford focus,spark plug,drove it for 5 years after i installed it.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure beats replacing a head! Heli-coils do a good job!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts