Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that my throttle pedal has about 1/2 inch of lost motion before it contacts the ball on the cable end and actually moves the cable and subsequently the throttle. I would like to remove this free play somehow. It would be easy to do it at the carb end if I could find out where the throttle cable attaches. I am guessing it's under the round black plastic cover on the driver side which is also where the idle adjustment knob is attached. It appears that there is a single screw holding this cover on. In a perfect world, I could remove this screw and the cover, loosen a set screw, pull the cable to take up the slack, tighten set screw and replace the cover. In MY world, I'm afraid that a dozen tiny parts would go SPROING!!! when I removed the cover and I would never get it back together again. (The Humpty Dumpty scenario). Anyone know what's behind the black plastic cover and if my plan will work? If not, I do have a plan B. Thanks.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
I noticed that my throttle pedal has about 1/2 inch of lost motion before it contacts the ball on the cable end and actually moves the cable and subsequently the throttle. I would like to remove this free play somehow. It would be easy to do it at the carb end if I could find out where the throttle cable attaches. I am guessing it's under the round black plastic cover on the driver side which is also where the idle adjustment knob is attached. It appears that there is a single screw holding this cover on. In a perfect world, I could remove this screw and the cover, loosen a set screw, pull the cable to take up the slack, tighten set screw and replace the cover. In MY world, I'm afraid that a dozen tiny parts would go SPROING!!! when I removed the cover and I would never get it back together again. (The Humpty Dumpty scenario). Anyone know what's behind the black plastic cover and if my plan will work? If not, I do have a plan B. Thanks.

Welcome to the Prowler family. The following informaion is out of the service manual.

To adjust the throttle cable free-play, locate the
in-line cable adjuster behind the carburetor.
1. Slide the rubber boot (A) away; then loosen the

jam nut (B) from the throttle cable adjuster (C).
2. Turn the adjuster until the throttle cable has
proper free-play of 3-6 mm (1/8 - 1/4 in.) at the
pedal.
3. Tighten the jam nut against the throttle cable
adjuster securely; then slide the rubber boot over

the adjuster.

Hope this helps

Seth

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 2 of 2 Posts