Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, in the middle of snow removal, my gas pedal ceased to work. I looked down and noticed my throttle cable was severed right near the pedal.

I’m looking for help on two questions...

First, how difficult is it to replace the throttle cable? I’ve begun to be more confident and competent with working my Prowler.

Second, does anyone know what the part number would be? I found this (https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-cat-part-0487-101-cable-accelerator-efi-dampener?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google-simple&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrZ7Zhcuh5wIVsSCtBh1tXQgpEAQYAiABEgIii_D_BwE) on Country Cat. But I’m having a hard time finding out if this is the correct part.

Any advice for swapping out the throttle cable?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, in the middle of snow removal, my gas pedal ceased to work. I looked down and noticed my throttle cable was severed right near the pedal.

I’m looking for help on two questions...

First, how difficult is it to replace the throttle cable? I’ve begun to be more confident and competent with working my Prowler.

Second, does anyone know what the part number would be? I found this (https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-cat-part-0487-101-cable-accelerator-efi-dampener?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google-simple&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrZ7Zhcuh5wIVsSCtBh1tXQgpEAQYAiABEgIii_D_BwE) on Country Cat. But I’m having a hard time finding out if this is the correct part.

Any advice for swapping out the throttle cable?
2014 Prowler 700 XTX Green

·
Administrator
7,164 Posts
0487-101 is the part number. Babbitts is great to work with.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems like a simple replacement. Is there anything that I need to be looking out for?

Right now, it seems like I just need to disconnect the old one. Remove all the zip ties holding it in place. Then connect the new one and zip tie it.

Is it really that simple?

·
Administrator
7,164 Posts
Prowlers are fairly easy to work on! Free service manual is a must! Country Cat has downloads if you need one!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Throttle cable replaced. I'm hoping all my fixes/tinkering are that easy.

And as inexpensive as a throttle cable ;)

The owners manual has helped a great deal already. I think we (those of us who aren't experienced mechanics) just need to be willing to take things apart just to put them back together again. I appreciate all the input from you guys.

·
Administrator
7,164 Posts
Love the attitude! Learn by doing, and when in doubt ask the forum!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts