Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a post a while ago about a replacement throttle cable for Prowlers that takes the jerky start away. I am looking for the part number. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I thought it was for a heavier return spring?
Talked to the service guy at my local Cat dealer he said its does not really work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2010 700 xtx and the gas peddle is alot firmer, it definitly makes a big difference. I had a 2009 xtx a few months ago and it was really jerky.

·
Registered
291 Posts
There was a post a while ago about a replacement throttle cable for Prowlers that takes the jerky start away. I am looking for the part number. Can anyone help?
I think i would go with the spring,it would make your pedal stiffer. When i put the new clutch kit in my 09 xtx it removed about 75% of the jerky starts out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The new cable helps but it is still not a 100%. I can’t believe Cat continues to turn out a product that so many have had concerns about.

·
Registered
291 Posts
If you are going to do any clutch work i suggest you get in contact with Adam at the link below. As far as the jerky starts i would suggest you go with a stronger spring on your pedal
/// Airdam - Home

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Replacing the throttle cable part number 1436-323 helped very little. When I get some time I am going to try a heavier spring. If that doesn’t work I'll at least try doing stage 1 and 2 clutch mod’s from Airdam.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts