Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just currently bought a 2007 prowler 1000 and the throttle is super jumpy/touchy to where it’s hard to control when trying to ease out of a dead stop I’m hoping you guys can help me out in a way I can adjust it for a more subtle take off? I have a 11 year old who wants to drive it and the way it jumps is a little much
Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Try to find this throttle pedal spring, its softer than the 700 and 1000's. RD can second this... part #0405-233 is the lighter (650) spring to use.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
The softer spring really helps! After I drove Bryan's Prowler I had to change mine!

·
Registered
168 Posts
The throttle is my biggest complaint with the XTZ also. The reviews of the Throttlemax product are pretty good too.

I'm getting used to it, but still have some jerky take offs. On the trails it's not a big deal but in tight technical stuff it's frustrating. Also as it is, I wouldn't and don't want to plow or move trailers around with it.

FYI The 1000 or XTZ model came out in 2009. If yours is a 2007 it's a 650, only option that year.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
The throttle is my biggest complaint with the XTZ also. The reviews of the Throttlemax product are pretty good too.

I'm getting used to it, but still have some jerky take offs. On the trails it's not a big deal but in tight technical stuff it's frustrating. Also as it is, I wouldn't and don't want to plow or move trailers around with it.

FYI The 1000 or XTZ model came out in 2009. If yours is a 2007 it's a 650, only option that year.
I love the ThrottleMaxx product! I'm going to contact them too see if they have any Prowler setups left on their shelves!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts