Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just browsing and came across these three products from the same company that are supposed to help with carburetor tuning. I just wondered if any of you ever used one before or know somebody using them? What are your thoughts?

1. Powerjet: Thunder PowerJet Performance Carburetor Clutching Snowmobile Motorcycle ATV Improved Fuel Efficiency

2. Dial-a-jet: Thunder Products - Performance carburetor and clutching for snowmobiles, motorcycles and ATVs.

3. Intelajet: Thunder Products - Performance carburetor and clutching for snowmobiles, motorcycles and ATVs.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I have read great reviews on the dial a jet,they were used a lot on you carb sleds because of the often elevation changes.If you ride in the same range elevation this kit's aren't needed.If I was jumping from 3000' to 8000' I would have one.I have gotten some info on the dial a jet.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have read great reviews on the dial a jet,they were used a lot on you carb sleds because of the often elevation changes.If you ride in the same range elevation this kit's aren't needed.If I was jumping from 3000' to 8000' I would have one.I have gotten some info on the dial a jet.
My typical riding is anywhere from 4000'-8500'. Plus I can get some pretty large temperature swings up at those elevations on those cold morning hunts. So I was wondering if something like one of these would benefit me? It would be nice to have the adjustment without having to tear apart the carb to rejet every time.

Just wondering which of the three would be the best option if I decided to get one? I like the simplicity and cost of the powerjet. I guess it uses straight fuel and has a pretty wide range of adjustment. But I don't know whether the "emulsified" fuel/air from the dial-a-jet or intelajet would give much better results?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
As long as you can adjust the power jet that should be fine.myself I would want to be able to adjust the air/fuel mixture also.sometimes the price don't matter.:D:D

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
My typical riding is anywhere from 4000'-8500'. Plus I can get some pretty large temperature swings up at those elevations on those cold morning hunts. So I was wondering if something like one of these would benefit me? It would be nice to have the adjustment without having to tear apart the carb to rejet every time.

Just wondering which of the three would be the best option if I decided to get one? I like the simplicity and cost of the powerjet. I guess it uses straight fuel and has a pretty wide range of adjustment. But I don't know whether the "emulsified" fuel/air from the dial-a-jet or intelajet would give much better results?
At those elevations not snorkeled,I would think you would want smaller than a 132 main jet.I could tell a difference at 4200' How dry the air is also matters.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts

Shane ... IMHO time to upgrade to fuel injection a new modern thing Ya know :)

J/K you

that dial a jet looks like the ticket .. never used one though so no help / advise here

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shane ... IMHO time to upgrade to fuel injection a new modern thing Ya know :)

J/K you

that dial a jet looks like the ticket .. never used one though so no help / advise here
I would do the fuel injection if it wasn't too expensive. Not sure what all is required to do that conversion?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Ahhh the weekend is over back to working in the garage. also got a couple of side jobs this week to keep me busy. Fall super season stat next weekend can't wait. The food is always amazing and I don't have to cook.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Ahhh the weekend is over back to working in the garage. also got a couple of side jobs this week to keep me busy. Fall super season stat next weekend can't wait. The food is always amazing and I don't have to cook.
I like your new doors better than the factory ones,do you leave your wildcat at camp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts