Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Upon a much needed exam of the frame and suspension, I discovered damage to a rubber boot that fits over the ball joint on the tie rod end. My guess is that I should replace the tie rod now instead of waiting on it to fail. No play in the ball joint yet, but do not know how long this has been that way. Other boots seem to be okay. Ears open for ideas and parts.
Thanks
T:)

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I'd replace it, you can always keep it as a spare. Failure could be very costly!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
...Upon a much needed exam of the frame and suspension, I discovered damage to a rubber boot that fits over the ball joint on the tie rod end. My guess is that I should replace the tie rod now instead of waiting on it to fail. No play in the ball joint yet, but do not know how long this has been that way. Other boots seem to be okay. Ears open for ideas and parts.
Thanks
T:)
TBird your post is fine where you have it at,I dont have the access to move it.:)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are Arctic Cat OEM tie rod ends okay to use for replacement?... or should I go aftermarket? Noticed they have an updated part number for the OEM.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I went with the AC part, still sitting in my parts bin! I have a road kit I carry with me, and most of the parts I have are in it!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Are Arctic Cat OEM tie rod ends okay to use for replacement?... or should I go aftermarket? Noticed they have an updated part number for the OEM.
I went with OEM tie rods, the updated part has a longer nut to help protect threads and added support.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OEM on the way, Thanks for you input RD and Mike (the one from Missouri).....maybe change it to Missouri Mike?:D

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
OEM on the way, Thanks for you input RD and Mike (the one from Missouri).....maybe change it to Missouri Mike?:D
Or River Rat, that's what we get called by the towns around us. We're located right by the Missouri River.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts