Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of good jobber tie rods for700xtx? I' ve broken two so far,seems like they are a little too light.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Does anyone know of good jobber tie rods for700xtx? I' ve broken two so far,seems like they are a little too light.
Welcome aboard,the best prowler site,great members,with a lot of good info.I have heard of some guys putting a sleeve over them,and I think wicked bilt also makes a set,they also make heavy duty rack and pinion steering for the prowler.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Welcome aboard. I think EPI has replacement tie rods, how did you break yours?

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Also found a heavy duty set on the SideXSide.com site. 239.00 per pair.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I think I'll make tubes up myself, and order heavy duty ball joints. Has anyone experienced failures with the stock tie rods, and what conditions caused the failure? I keep adding spare parts I'm gonna need a bigger trailer!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I think I'll make tubes up myself, and order heavy duty ball joints. Has anyone experienced failures with the stock tie rods, and what conditions caused the failure? I keep adding spare parts I'm gonna need a bigger trailer!
I would say hitting objects,would bend or break the tie rods.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
remember that might be the safety link ... cheep tie rods V/S torn up suspensions and or steering box failures ect ect

when ya beef up on one part U usually move to the next weak link for breakage.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I think I'm like you, I like to overkill suspension/steering parts!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
remember that might be the safety link ... cheep tie rods V/S torn up suspensions and or steering box failures ect ect

when ya beef up on one part U usually move to the next weak link for breakage.
Thats true Gary,I have heard of guys beefing up the tie rods and then bend the rack plate.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Good point!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for info I'll try these sites. Reason for failure second time was major contact with a log laying along trail so it was probably justified. The first break was totally unexplainable.what really bugs me is that arctic cat will only sell me the whole assembly including rack and pinion.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I know some have sleeved the tie rods by welding a piece of pipe to the jam nut.

I done this to my duramax after watching video of Boosted diesels bust tie-rods doing a 4wheel launch at the drag strip.

Also there is a updated jam nut that has a larger contact area to address this problem. a mini sleeve of sorts.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Thanks for info I'll try these sites. Reason for failure second time was major contact with a log laying along trail so it was probably justified. The first break was totally unexplainable.what really bugs me is that arctic cat will only sell me the whole assembly including rack and pinion.
I can't believe they won't sell just the tierod.just a way of making more money.I would just go with aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
slycat

What year machine?
Power steering yes or no?

I have some insiders at local cat dealer, I might be able to help.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
the microfish shows you can buy just a tierod for eps or non eps.

I use world of power sports.com

then shop parts..... arctic cat atv.... enter year then find your machine.

All the parts and #'s you need to make the visit to the dealer super easy!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
the microfish shows you can buy just a tierod for eps or non eps.

I use world of power sports.com

then shop parts..... arctic cat atv.... enter year then find your machine.

All the parts and #'s you need to make the visit to the dealer super easy!
Yea john I have heard of guys just buying the tie rod through cat.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi guys, just found some used tie rods on eBay will try them. Possibly it's a Canadian thing where we can't get just the tie rods.will probably put the bigger nuts on to see if that heps

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Hi guys, just found some used tie rods on eBay will try them. Possibly it's a Canadian thing where we can't get just the tie rods.will probably put the bigger nuts on to see if that heps
Slycat you could be right,let us know the results.:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts