Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a new set of Tie Rods,the guy that makes these was a chassis builder in nascar for 25 years,his company is called Kryptic SxS...this picture is from a member on the wildcat forum that just received his....you can also pick your color for powder coating...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Very nice.

My 2009 OEM XTZ tie rods are apparently weak. I recall many forum members breaking their's and getting custom made replacements. I bought a set for mine. I put them in storage and have not seen them since moving TX to OK 5 years ago. I am in no rush to find them as I don't get to flog my machine...lol.

The ones shown above look to be a much higher quality than the ones I bought.

Reactions: de3

·
Administrator
7,334 Posts
Very nice! Be hard to break one of those! I have a bunch of threaded tubing ends from Art Morrison (hot rod supplier out of Washington State!), that is my plan for replacement is to make my own. Ends come in Rt. and Lt. hand threads.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He also makes custom a-arms,but I don't need those....

·
Administrator
7,334 Posts
I'll have to look him up!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RD He has a facebook page,it's called kryptic sxs.

·
Administrator
7,334 Posts
Got it! thanks de3!

·
Administrator
7,334 Posts
If you break one of those, you will have to destroy the entire rig!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
so my XTZ is now 6 + years old and has been USED well , still on original rods .. have parts to repair in field box but so far tires have taken the hits well and lived through without tie rod damage .. the "trails" i go on mostly are rock fields and tree stumps lots of slip slopes of rock falls .. the rig does git a work out .. just lucky I guess been a blast to get back on it this trip .. eyes doing well so far

·
Administrator
7,334 Posts
On the plus side, they should tighten up the steering. Looks like a precision piece.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts