Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered and installed the new aftermarket tierods that Mike from Prestige makes..They look awesome and are burly..I will put them to the test next weekend in the rocky mtns..People say they are a little pricey, but can you put a price on being stranded with each front tire going diff directions in the middle of nowhere..? i look at them as my insurance policy. They were fairly simple to install..If I snap these, there will be more damage to repair other than the tie rods..Thanks Prestige..:)

·
Registered
682 Posts
I just took my XTZ to Unisteer. They are going to put there beefed up rack on it. It's called Rackzilla, It has oversized pipe for tie rods and heim joints instead of ball joints.We will see how it works out. They are also putting on there power steering unit. Can't wait to see how it works.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey those tie rods you got from Mike will do really well. Mike built my car and have had nothing but good things to say about it. I just got back from Mammoth last week and it worked its tail off up there with no problems. Once I figure out how to post pics here i'll put some on.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Hunterworks has a HD rack that he has posted on his web site that comes with new tie rods, but its confusing because it also says for Rhino? He also has on the electric rack as well. Price seems reasonable.

·
Registered
72 Posts
OMG I just priced a set of beefy tie rods and ends from Prestige Motorsports.

Theyre :eek: $295.00 USD!! :eek:

Anyone know of any other aftermarket options? I called my shop for a stock set and apparently Artcic Cat only sells the complete steering rack @ $505 CAD. I find that offensive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tell him you are a prowler forum member and you get a nice discount..

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Maybe your dealer was mistaken.I have bought both before.Ac part number is sku 0405-205 for the tie rod end @ 17.87 usd.And sku 0405-202 for the tie rod inner @ 17.87 usd.Try Babbits online.Babbitts Sports Center | Arctic Cat OEM Parts | Can-Am (Bombardier) OEM Parts | Honda OEM Parts | Kawasaki OEM Parts | Polaris OEM Parts | Sea-Doo OEM Parts | Ski-Doo OEM Parts | Suzuki OEM Parts | Yamaha OEM Parts
OMG I just priced a set of beefy tie rods and ends from Prestige Motorsports.

Theyre :eek: $295.00 USD!! :eek:

Anyone know of any other aftermarket options? I called my shop for a stock set and apparently Artcic Cat only sells the complete steering rack @ $505 CAD. I find that offensive.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I just took my XTZ to Unisteer. They are going to put there beefed up rack on it. It's called Rackzilla, It has oversized pipe for tie rods and heim joints instead of ball joints.We will see how it works out. They are also putting on there power steering unit. Can't wait to see how it works.

Tell us how this works for you, The power steering in the Rhnio works really well.. Also interested in beefed up rack

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got mine made at ATV racing. Neil made them for me and they are great and they only cost me $229.00. Let me know if you guys need his info he said he would make more if anyone needed them.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They look just like the ones Prestige makes...Any upgrade with the hiems will work better than the cheesy stock ones....The economy version of the sleeves actually will help but imho its just a temp fix..$229 is not shabby....Almost exactly the same price as Prestige also..its a win win for either..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Our price is not 295.00 it is actually 239.00 if you are interested plus you do get a 10% discount for being a member. Give us a call

·
Registered
72 Posts
Our price is not 295.00 it is actually 239.00 if you are interested plus you do get a 10% discount for being a member. Give us a call

I may have misheard the gentleman I talked to on the phone when I called in regards to price. :cool:. I apologize if this is the case.

Ill probably be ordering a set next week. My shop got a hold of AC today in regards to tie rods. Its true, they dont have a part number for just an inner rod anymore. They want you to replace the entire rack for safety reasons. Something about if the "bump" was bad enough to bend the rod the rack "could" be damaged too and they dont want anyone to wreck because of it. They did have a few inner tie/tie rod end kits available at their warehouse but they are not making any more.

Mike, is yours a complete replacement kit or is there any other parts that are needed on my end to install your system?

Thanks for the parts numbers guys, they are what helped me figure this crap out.

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
I may have misheard the gentleman I talked to on the phone when I called in regards to price. :cool:. I apologize if this is the case.

Ill probably be ordering a set next week. My shop got a hold of AC today in regards to tie rods. Its true, they dont have a part number for just an inner rod anymore. They want you to replace the entire rack for safety reasons. Something about if the "bump" was bad enough to bend the rod the rack "could" be damaged too and they dont want anyone to wreck because of it. They did have a few inner tie/tie rod end kits available at their warehouse but they are not making any more.

Mike, is yours a complete replacement kit or is there any other parts that are needed on my end to install your system?

Thanks for the parts numbers guys, they are what helped me figure this crap out.
The 700 tie rods are the same as the 1000 I believe. I have a few brand new in the package I will check the part number when I get home next tuesday or someone can cross reference the number for you. You live in AZ? If so I'll give you the two spares I have for a six pack of beer. I used Mike's (Prestige) heavy duty tie rods and they worked great before I went to the long travel.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey Manickid1, were you in the Next Level toyhauler? I was up in Mammoth the same time and cruised by a campsite with an XTZ that had a four seat cage and doors. Was that you?

·
Registered
72 Posts
The 700 tie rods are the same as the 1000 I believe. I have a few brand new in the package I will check the part number when I get home next tuesday or someone can cross reference the number for you. You live in AZ? If so I'll give you the two spares I have for a six pack of beer. I used Mike's (Prestige) heavy duty tie rods and they worked great before I went to the long travel.
Thank you in advance for looking up the part # and the offer but darn it!. I am in BC Canada! I just can't win. hah

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey bennet! Yes that was me up there in mammoth, I thought I had seen another XTZ up there. I saw you cutting across the 395 at June shell. I'll be back up there at the end of Aug to Sep for a week, but closer to Bridgeport. i went to the ranger station and got some maps of the area up there to ride.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Manickid1, Great minds must think a like, we also own a Next Level. Yeah, that was me crossing at the Shell, took the kids to the lake every afternoon. I wonder how the riding will be by Bridgeport, I take it they have campgrounds like Mammoth?

1 - 20 of 115 Posts