Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 2011 prowler 700 hdx, it was in pieces, after I got it back together I discovered the problem was the timing chain, stretched out, I got a new one and installed it the easy way, popped out a link and threaded the needle so to speak, everything has been fine until now, its burning a crazy amount of oil, valve cover is full of it, and the new timing chain is stretched out, it only has about a hundred miles on that chain, does anyone have any idea what's going here?

·
Administrator
7,293 Posts
What does the cam look like? While oil should be present in the top end, it should drain back. Lack of proper lubrication to the top end could stretch the chain, check for any signs of bluing on the rocker arms. Worn rings, or valve guides will show signs of oil burning.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cam looks fine to me, no blueish colors, the oil is definitely burnt, just black, as for draining back it seems like it must, it isn't so full it spills out when I remove the timing cover, when I replaced the chain it was bathing in oil around the lower sprocket, now it doesn't look like it still is, this I think would cause the chain to stretch, do you know how the oil gets to the lower sproket?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts