Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got the new growlers today and was woondering what kinda pressure everyone runs in there tires. I put 20 in them and was curious for everyday normal riding trails,fields what u guys run.

·
Registered
618 Posts
With my grim reapers I started out with 14, then dropped to 12. This year I think I'll try 10 and see how I like it.

I usually take a compressor with me on the trail so I can re-inflate if necessary. With every brand of tire I've had I always had to play with pressure to see how I liked the feel and handling.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I run 12psi. in the rear and 10psi up front.
On my mudlite radial 27" tires.

I am a trail rider & creek crosser.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys ive always maxed mine out not sure why. So for diff. riding conditions what is usually perfered lower/higher. I not sure what the tires measured but i know i gained two inches of clearence i will measure the tires tommorow. All i can say is wow those are some lugs i looked at them and thought to myself no way can these ride smooth. WRONG they are every bit as smooth as the stock tires.

Riddler and yes if i crank the tire all the way they do rub down by where your feet go but barely hopefully i can adjust shocks in the morning and stiffen them up so they wont rub or i may have to shave a little of the plastic it wont take much. thanks again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow have i been doing it all wrong i just researched tire pressure for the first time and ive been running way to high. gonna try about 12 tommorow maybe that is why i got extra ground clearence.lol

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yep, drop that pressure.

Better ride and more meat on the ground. Over inflating just gets the center of the tire making contact.,

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Just don't go to low cause you may throw a bead. Depending on the tire 8 - 12 psi seems to work well in the dirt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts