Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Prowler has 26X9.00R14NHS original tires in the front. Bought Baja Cross tires for the rear and like to get same brand tires for the front. Found out that they only have 29X8 and 26X10 tires. Would any of these tires fit the rims, which one to choose is the question?:confused:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I would put the same hight on the front as the back or you will tear up diffs.
I say , Stick with the stock size too. But there are people that put too large a tire on and break axles and differentials, But you have to do what you think is rite for you and your wallet. Im sure Im going to hear about this one!

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2008 Prowler has 26X9.00R14NHS original tires in the front. Bought Baja Cross tires for the rear and like to get same brand tires for the front. Found out that they only have 29X8 and 26X10 tires. Would any of these tires fit the rims, which one to choose is the question?:confused:
An 8" or 10" wide tire will fit on your stock front rims. Like the others have said, stay with the same size diameter all the way around.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I ran the 26X10X14 with no problem on my stock XTZ wheels.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your quick replies, especially flying 121, with the experience of the mount of the 10" wide tire in the front. I fully understand that tires have to be the same OD or one has troubles in 4WD. I changed primarily because of the heavier side wall construction.

Merry Christmas to all and a Cheers for 2011,

Manfred

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just bought today a 27x9R-10 and a 28x10-12 bot Mudlites from a shop going out of business. I got them both brand new for 90 bucks. My plan is to get one more of each and put the 27s on the front and the 28s on the back. These should fit my stock rims on my 08 Prowler correct?

·
Registered
618 Posts
I just bought today a 27x9R-10 and a 28x10-12 bot Mudlites from a shop going out of business. I got them both brand new for 90 bucks. My plan is to get one more of each and put the 27s on the front and the 28s on the back. These should fit my stock rims on my 08 Prowler correct?
Bad idea if you plan on using 4 wheel drive running different size tires as it changes the gear ratio front and rear and it will start binding gears.

Also those tire sizes will not work, your last number needs to be 14 which indicates rim size. So neiter tire you purchased will work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts