Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what kind of tire between the mudlites andthe swamp lites woul be better on my 700, if i go with 27inches or 28inches,

anyone knows if 28inches fit without cranking up the shocks?

i am little affraid to put a lift kit,it seems lots of folks end up with broken axles

let me know what you guys thing

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
i was wondering what kind of tire between the mudlites andthe swamp lites woul be better on my 700, if i go with 27inches or 28inches,

anyone knows if 28inches fit without cranking up the shocks?

i am little affraid to put a lift kit,it seems lots of folks end up with broken axles

let me know what you guys thing
It is up to you, But I would not go bigger thank the stock size and keep the tires as light as you can or you are risking the chance of breaking parts. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
656 Posts
The swamp lite is better that the mudlite. No doubt about it. I dont know much about the pit bull growlers personally. I've heard some good things about them but never seen them in person. I LOVE my swamplites. Get compliments on them everytime i go riding. And they definately do the job for my kind of riding. We've got some mean mudholes down here and i've been very satisfied.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you crank the shocks to fit them ?, cause you dont seem to have a lift kit?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yes Seth thats why we ride. The more mud we can sling the better. We love it. If you ever have the chance to do it, i highly recommend it. It's about to get good with this time of year getting more rain and all.
desh. I didn't have to do anything to my shocks. They fit right on. No lift or anything. I've now put 2" spacers on and everything is still good.
Mustanggeek. I'll definately post some pics this weekend. My wife informed me yesterday that she finally got her camera downloaded to the computer. Some will be before i did my mods and some will be post mods. But they are good pics.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Wow! Great video! Now thats my kind of riding. That's pretty much the kind of riding i do down here. Maybe a little more mud though. So where is this Hells Creek? I would love to go riding there.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Wow! Great video! Now thats my kind of riding. That's pretty much the kind of riding i do down here. Maybe a little more mud though. So where is this Hells Creek? I would love to go riding there.
I agree Sandy, looks like a pretty good place to ride. But like you said more mud

·
Registered
192 Posts
lol, same place I broke my front diff. everybody gave me hell when I bitched about it. I think I had a problem when I unloaded that day and it just came to light once I put it it a bind. LOL, I either break something or cut a tire off every time I ride, getting use to it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
yup, Kirk cycle in Dalton Ga fixed mine and so far so good. Im sure the trick stuff on here is better and when my warranty stops then I would beef it up.

·
Registered
656 Posts
this front diff thing worries me.:( Hear alot of guys having this prob. I had mine replaced back in June but extended warranty covered it. Everything worked ok, even 4 wheel drive. But engage locker and it started popping really bad. Dealer that fixed it said it looked pretty bad in there. Looked at paperwork and it would have cost me 1200.00 bucks without extended warranty:eek: BTW that was the second time the locker malfunctioned. First time the cable malfunctioned and didn't engage locker all the way and bent the pin in there.

·
Registered
583 Posts
this front diff thing worries me.:( Hear alot of guys having this prob. I had mine replaced back in June but extended warranty covered it. Everything worked ok, even 4 wheel drive. But engage locker and it started popping really bad. Dealer that fixed it said it looked pretty bad in there. Looked at paperwork and it would have cost me 1200.00 bucks without extended warranty:eek: BTW that was the second time the locker malfunctioned. First time the cable malfunctioned and didn't engage locker all the way and bent the pin in there.
Don't pay any dealer $1200 if it goes out. You can buy a complete new one for less with a new actuator. And It would take about an hour to install. What pin got bent when your locker didn't engage? Knowing what I know now I would pull my diff and reweld the spidergear pin. Really no big deal to do.

·
Registered
656 Posts
That might be the pin your talking about. He didn't explain what it was just showed it to me. I just figured because it only made that popping noise when i engaged the locker, that it had something to do with the locker. Mine didn't explode like these guys were saying theirs did. Everything was working fine except locker. I actually went on a couple of rides with it like that. As far as rewelding that pin, I need to do that and make the "guard" to put in there that Team Arctic was talking about. Just dont know if i can do it. Might have a friend that could help me but don't know if he has a way to weld aluminum. Isn't that what that guard was?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts