Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 arctic cat prowler 700 XTX i have a heavy duty clutch kit in it and hmf exhaust iam runing a 30x10x14 mud lite all the way around it has a hard time turning the tires in diff lock i was wondering if anybody has an idea cause i would like to run this size tire if i can

·
Registered
273 Posts
I agree diff lock makes it hard to turn and it really dose not help to throw 30" of rubber on top of that. some people are coming out with power steering might want to look into that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
iam sorry guys iam talking about when i put in diff lock it burns the belt i was wondering if there is a cdi box that might help me get more power to turn the tires over in diff lock

·
Registered
273 Posts
In that case you might just have the wrong clutch set up. The CDI will only raise the rev limiter. We find the most gains and losses with the clutch set-up's when we test. Bottom line, your motor could make all the power in the world and it does not matter if you can't get the power to the ground. I will ask my tech what he thinks we would run and let you know. A belt burning issue can be so many options that it may take you awhile to nail the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I went down a size in tire what size should i go with we ride a lot of trails and mud i thought about going with the outlaw tire but what size can i go with that i can turn the tires over in diff lock i want to go as big as i can for ground clearance but i want to be able to turn the tires over in mud

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
It should not matter if your in diff lock or not. The machine should turn the tires, how well it will perform with the large tires you put on is a different story. Two things come to mind. You say that when you engauge the diff lock it smokes the belt? Sounds like there is something wrong with your diff lock. Or you may have clutch/belt problems from the larger tires. Sorry for the confusion, hope this helps

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
273 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is that when you put really big tires on these things is you’re going to run into issues at some point. Just like big trucks when you put huge 44" tires on them you start breaking at the weak points. In the case of a UTV you got to think in scale. Most of the UTV's on the market were based in some way off a quad, which was never intended to have 30" tires on it. Another big thing on these UTV's is the driver as a guy we will never admit we are in the wrong especially when it comes to a gas pedal. Truth be told we smoke more belts pulling cars in and out of our rig then when riding. It takes a certain technique to drive a car with a CVT clutch so be careful and always keep a spare. In my case I need Two.

·
Registered
273 Posts
A hard one to get really good at is not easing into the throttle to much but rather get the belt engaged quickly and try to keep it engaged when going slow. They seem to wear out faster when trying to go slow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts