Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a benefit? I mean it is a cheap bead lock so to speak but does that matter to your riding style?
The shop that put my duros on had a hard time seating the beads on the rears. It was very cold and the rubber was really stiff. They did enough damage that both rears leak pretty bad at the beads. They even broke off a wheel stud.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Preheat the tire? You can wrap em in a electric blanket. Works really well. It does take 30 mins. to a hour. Or a propane torch works pretty fast. Obviously got to pay attention to what you are doing with the torch.
You don't want tubes in there. If you get a flat out on the trail you cannot just plug it and get home.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh a heat gun will work too just to warm the beads up for mounting and seating beads.
I wish they would have tried something like that. As it is the beads leak pretty good on the rear. They put some of the bead grease stuff on there and that held for awhile but i'm considering tubes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts