Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Prowler came with 26" Goodyear Rawhide MT/R tires. These have performed nicely, but they are wearing out (about 2,200 miles on them). Is this rate of wear fairly typical for this tire?

Also, I heard that Arctic Cat has an extended wear tire, which I believe they used on the Baja run. Does anyone know anything about these tires, and how the behave all-around (i.e., a little mud, a little snow, a lot of rock and dirt)?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. I think we should get a series of comments regarding tire types and wear rates from the other members. We might look at how wear varies not only with tire make/model, but also in terms of the dominant riding environment.

For us, about 2/3 of our miles are on gravel roads, and 1/3 is on rocks. There is a dash of snow and mud, but the mud is nothing like some of the guys see. Sand is almost non-existent.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 2007 Prowler , I now have 6000 k on my machine I think the Goodyear tire is awsome, I had to replace the set as I cut one down on some shale, I went right back to the Goodyear

·
Registered
41 Posts
Elkotrailrider is right, tire wear depends greatly on the terrain your riding in. Bighorns last a little longer if you running in rocky jagged conditions than say a Terracross, because the lugs on the bighorn are larger- bigger and have less sipping witch makes them hold up a little better to rocky trail conditions.

We are trying out some of the new 8 ply sidewall tires from GBC, stronger side walls for UTV applications. Less chance of a sidewall problem. After some more testing I'll let you know how their working out.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I order interco swamplites this week end any one ever try them out. they are 27"
I've talked to a couple people that have them on their sxs and they seem to like them.. not many miles on them yet though so time will tell.. I hear good things about the ride quality and performance in the mud.. i'm looking for new rubber too, let me know what you think when you get a chance to test em out.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Will do i will get them on thursday mounted on friday and ride them on sat
you must be pumped!! I LOVE new tire day!! I just got my pipe on and sounding the way I want it, now tires are next.. gonna order a set next week.. can't wait to hear your impressions of them, I'm leaning towards these tires too.. either those or the big horns. Have a good ride!

·
Registered
127 Posts
i love the tires got the put on this afternoon, had 2" of rain last night. they go through anything, huge lugs 1.25" and rides smooth. I went through some nice mud hole 2day and the went through them like i wasnt even in the mud. I got to get my clutch kit put in because the are a little heavier than factory, and bite like you wouldnt believe.
I just put a speedwerx pipe on also it sounds great.

·
Registered
733 Posts
i love the tires got the put on this afternoon, had 2" of rain last night. they go through anything, huge lugs 1.25" and rides smooth. I went through some nice mud hole 2day and the went through them like i wasnt even in the mud. I got to get my clutch kit put in because the are a little heavier than factory, and bite like you wouldnt believe.
I just put a speedwerx pipe on also it sounds great.
Right on! thanks for the feedback on the new rubber... I'm still torn between the big horns and these but it sounds like the itp's might fit the bill.. I just ordered a set of rollers to compensate for the heavier tires, whichever one I choose. Good to hear you're happy with them! I bet that speedwerx barks like nobody's business! cheers!

·
Registered
32 Posts
The stock Goodyear's are about to come off my 700. Picked up some M12 Diesel wheels and Maxxis Zilla 28" tires - just waiting on the adapters now!

My buddy has two sets for his Polaris - 27" ITP Mudlites for normal riding and 30" Maxxis Mudzillas for the mud hole.

I didn't want two sets of tires or a 2.5" lift kit so I went with something in between those two.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Just bought 4 New 26/9/14 Original Big Horns to put on my 700 VERY Happy with My Big Horn 2.0s

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I am not impressed yet with my bighorn 2.0's. They are a good trail tire but in the mud and ruts they lack the laterial stabilaty of my xtr's.

They seem to slide side to side on me on a slick trail. Also when in a rut they are just sawing at the side when trying to turn up and out of a rut. I also had them plug up with mud and I was able to rip them up to 7k in low range but they still would not clean out and I was unfortunatly stuck.

The xtr's feel much better and generally go where you point them.

But then you have to realize comparing a directional tire vs. a non-directional tire.

I will be putting my 27"xtrs on my 2011xtz and selling the 2.0's.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
so far the Rocker Ubers in stock size [26"] are doing a fine job on my XTZ .. have a lil over 1000 on them now and they have done everything I have asked of them .. forest riding, with heavy doses of logs, broken limbs and burried roots ... much shale rock thrown in the mix ... pavement to and from some times for 10 - 15 miles at 40 to 50 miles per hr.

lots of very sharp rock trail around N.Idaho ..

Bought them through Discount tire direct [a member on ATV Nation works there and got a great price through him] also service after the sale was perfect .. I cut a bead on the first outing , a big rock was burried in deep silt dust and I hit it at high speed ... they replaced the non warrantie tire free of charge and free freight also. Highly recommend them [DTD] for purchasing from , they carry many brands some not shown on the catalog. the Rockers were not shown on-line but they have them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts