Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, it's time for me to upgrade my tires. Looking for a set of good all purpose skins. I do alot of creek/hill riding, but also spend some time on the river bank. Any suggestions on what I may need? Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have Super Swamper Swamp Lites and thet work great here in Eastern Ohio in the Snow, Mud and anything else I've thrown at them! I'll own them again when they finally wear out.

·
Registered
618 Posts
X2 on the Grim Reapers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would like to have a look at your top and doors if possible. If not, what did you use to make them? I've got some ideas of my own, just curious about other ones. Thanks

·
Registered
618 Posts
I can't remember the exact gauge metal I used for the roof but it was just to where you could bend it by hand but had to work at it.

I used the edge of an old clawfoot tub to bend the edges.

Nyroc's ATV info website

The doors I used square steel tubing to make the frame and then skinned in aluminum and riveted in place., I just squared off the front edge so they swung open square. I still need to go to like a jeep door hinge for removal but the current set up works pretty well.

Sorry, didn't take any pics of the door build, just got in a rhythm and never gave stopping for photos.

But here is the change process I had to go through after running them for awhile.

Nyroc's ATV info website

·
Registered
110 Posts
I like Mudlites, Super Swampers, Pitbull, and the Big Horns that came on the Prowler have really impressed me as well. I went with a little more aggressive tire(Outlaw Radials) because I seem to find all the mud for some reason :)

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
im running swamplites 28' they ride real good and there agressive enough for the rocks and mud i do a lot of mountain riding

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts