Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had nothing but problems with the stock Goodyear Rawhides. Just wondering what everyone else thinks is a great tire. I was thinking about going with the ITP Bajacross tires. I usually ride hard packed dirt and rocks. My Prowler is down and out right now til I get tires and change my wheel bearings. I have the bearings just waiting to change them. But now I gotta wait til I get tires. I'd appreciate feedback on the tires. Thanks.

·
Registered
618 Posts
GBC Grim Reapers

They are an 8 ply, grab everything and keep going.

I've got almost 2000 miles on my set and they still look good other than plugs from rail road spikes. I don't care what tire you have it won't handle rail road spikes, LOL. We've plugged just about every brand of tire from the one trail system up here that is an old railroad bed.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Big Horns here too.

·
Registered
193 Posts
love my baja cross tires i also run a set of 27'' bfg all terrains. power loss is minimal, but then the only other tire i have ran are terracross, those wore really fast. i have an 07 650. works great... i liked the rawhides bot they are not strong enough maybe if they were thicker or like the truck mtr

·
Registered
244 Posts
GBC Grim Reapers....and go around your buddys in 2 wheel.....but stay with the stock height. Love the bite on everything and work great in the sand at the stock tire pressure.......no more air down!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went to the 27" GBC Dirt Commanders and absolutely love them. Haven't noticed much of a power loss with the taller shoes either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I got the wheel bearings done today. Mounted my old front goodyears on the rear wheels so I can ride it for now. Still leaning toward the bajacross, a guy we ride with has them on his rhino and he loves them and has had no problems. I appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'm now running bighorn 2.0's and love them so far.. I run everything from hardpack and rock to swamp water and mud.. they do it all pretty well..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Was going to mount Grim Reapers but went witht the Sedona Rip saw tires. They are heavy 6 ply, will have them out in a few days, still dry in the mountaind in Utah so It will be just dirt.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Was going to mount Grim Reapers but went witht the Sedona Rip saw tires. They are heavy 6 ply, will have them out in a few days, still dry in the mountaind in Utah so It will be just dirt.
I'm interested in hearing from anyone how these tires handle the snow. Cabela's carries them now and I got a $160 in Club points to blow. And a big plus "Free Shipping"

How does this price compare to what you got? My brother has a tire machine so mounting is no problem.

Cabela's: Sedona Rip Saw Tire

I'm also considering these, any opinions?
Cabela's: Sedona Buzz Saw Tire

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Well I decided to take a chance on the Sedona tires. Got a great deal at Cabela's using my Club Points, a $20 off coupon code and free shipping. Almost 1/2 price!

2 of 52-4093 SEDONA RIP SAW TIRE R/T 26X11RX14 @ $109.99 each
Will ship from manufacturer
2 of 52-4093 SEDONA RIP SAW TIRE R/T 26X9RX14 @ $99.99 each
Will ship from manufacturer

Total Merchandise = $419.96
Tax = $24.57
ORDER TOTAL = $444.53

Payment Types To Be Used On This Order

Cabela's Bucks = $20.00
CLUB Points = $186.96
FINAL COST = $237.57 :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
I picked mine up at cabelas for grand total 419.36, I used free shipping. And I thought it would take a week or so. UPS pulled up the second day after the order, they are heavy almost like an 8 ply, factory says 8 psi front rear or as low as 5.

So youre price is right there

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I picked mine up at cabelas for grand total 419.36, I used free shipping. And I thought it would take a week or so. UPS pulled up the second day after the order, they are heavy almost like an 8 ply, factory says 8 psi front rear or as low as 5.

So youre price is right there
Sounds great, according to my Cabela's account the tires have already shipped and I just placed the order yesterday morning.

So what's your opinion about the tires, have you tried them in mud or snow?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am sure that is right, I had mine within 2 days of placing the order from the distrib/ for factory. I think you will find these a fairly heavy tire and Chris from Sedonda factory says 8psi and as low as 5 psi.

Its still dry in Utah, so all I have is dirt, rocks and trails, seem OK but the test will be when snow flies and muddy sections, the mud I ride in tends to be like conrete mix, it sticks and wants to never come off. So thats when I will vote yes or no on these, But so far OK, and factory has been very helpful.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Got my tires today and they look great, tried to mount them myself...yea that didn't go so well damn stiff side walls. Oh well I need to get them balanced anyway, my wife is taking them to the tire shop tomorrow.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Did you get all one size or did you get the front and rear sizes? I ordered 14" rims also but they did not specify widths so we will see when they get here. The chick at cabelas ordered the 9x14's and the 11x14's in the same tires because all of the other tire/rim pkgs were B/O with 2012 sometime ship.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I got both stock sizes I didn't want to run into any problems since I didn't change rims. I ordered mine online saturday morning and they were delivered yesterday, pretty dang quick.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts