Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 700 EFI Prowler, EPI clutch kit installed (26 inch tires), I'm looking at replacing the original tires, and would like to go up to a 27 inch tire. Any thoughts on this will be appreciated, also any tire recommendations would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
tires

with your clutch kit you could jump up to 27'' you will lose a little top end,as far as tires i like the bighorns not the 2.0 i run them on the prowler and my 680 honda they wear very good.thats my thoughts.:)

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know! Just bwhat I needed. Thanks

·
Registered
412 Posts
Depends on what kind of riding your doing.. For general trail riding I'm with Mike. Bighorns are hard to beat. For 75% mud and 25% trail I run Sedona Mud-Rebels and love them. For the price they can't be beat. I'm running 29's right now. Alot of people like the ITP mudlites, but IMO they are to hard of a tire. Between ATV's and UTV's I've ran about every tire you can think of. Oh yeah, if you ride 50/50 mud and trail the best tire I've ever owned is the Carlisle Black-Rock.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Daryle
I ride about 30 miles on asphalt roads, and 70-100 on trails about three times a week, and visit the sand dunes about once a month, just need an all purpose tire. The cleats on the original goodyears are about 3/4 inch, not sure how much was on them to start with, or how long they should last. Thanks for your reply! Dick

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
you got your moneys worth out of them tires,i got 4 of them and i cant hardly give them away,they got over half tread.there GoodYear MTRS,like Daryle said depends what kind of riding your gonna do. mike.:)

·
Registered
561 Posts
what ever you buy make sure it is a radial. I had duro power grips on my prowler they are big horn knock off at half the price. I had 3000 miles on them when I traded the machine in and they still looked new (they were a radial). now I have GBC Spartacus radial. This an awesome all a round tire plus it channels dirt out not on ya like a big horn. there are so many tire chooses out there. one guy I ride with has kenda bear claw radial the other guy has 30" dominators from super atv the others have big horns. We all do the same type of riding but not a heck of lot of pavement. That's just plain hard on tires.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've narrowed down my search to either Sedona's, or the Bighorn. I'll start looking for deals now, don't need them til spring when the dunes reopen at Silver Lake, Mich. Thanks for all of the input! Great members! Dick

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
tires

I've narrowed down my search to either Sedona's, or the Bighorn. I'll start looking for deals now, don't need them til spring when the dunes reopen at Silver Lake, Mich. Thanks for all of the input! Great members! Dick
RD,when you go to buy check out vendors row,so you can get a forum price on them.:cool:

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Mike

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
from my experience there are many many acceptable tires out there.

I do have 2500 ++ miles on Big Horn's [original ones] and find them to be a great tire in the ride area's I've used them in .. heavy woods, log roads, fire roads , and lots of rock and shale rock.

I have also go over 4K miles on Pit Bull Rocker Ubers and like them a lot but are they worth the extra $$ over Big Horns .. humm tuff question .. they do every thing the Big Horn's do, as to better that's very subjective. IMHO no not better and in one case a lil worse [over wet slick wood / downed trees ] .

Factory tires were poor handling and fronts were worn out in 1500 miles.

However I might suggst you call Discount Tire Direct [a member and supporter of this site] ... the deal I got from them was the best price I could find by a bunch. they also warranty replaced a tire that had no warranty as a customer service / satisfaction thing. even sent it free of freight. to say I'm sold on their service is an understatement.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Gary, I've visited their site, and I have purchased several sets of tires for my truck from them, and I too have had a great service from them at several different stores. Dick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts