Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy aset of mud tires for my prowler 650 H-1 for the hunting season. Prowler came with 26" tires. Is it ok to upsize to a 28" or will that put too much strain on the axles and cause me much headache......Also are there any good internet sites with good prices on tires......:D:confused:

·
Registered
85 Posts
depends on what you mean by mud tire...i use to run 28 zilla's...there light , ride smooth and very good in "light" mud...zilla's are not a true mud tire like laws or backs

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm knew at this Prowler thing, but from a "rookie" standpoint; The demo unit I tried (09 XTX700EFI, with 500 kms) had 27" Mud Lites on it and is the only unit I have for comparison to mine, but mine has waaaay more power, handles WAAAY better and rides nicer. Now this is compared on a loose sand and sand/gravel trail. The demo unit was all over the place and bordering on scary at 50 kph (30 mph), my unit (brand new 08 XTX700EFI) handles superbly on the same trail at 75 kph (45 mph), the difference is huge! I have the stock 26" Goodyear radial MT/R's. This is just my experience, yours may vary! Oh and tire pressures were checked on both machines prior to rippin' !! LOL
Hammer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts