Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2009 XTX LE with 167 miles at auction and noticed the throttle is very touchy. Squeeze a little and it jumps, let off and it stops like right now. Once moving it seems fine but it was a little awkward loading and unloading from a trailer.

Is this normal and I need to get used to the machine or might I need to do some "tuning"?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I just picked up a 2009 XTX LE with 167 miles at auction and noticed the throttle is very touchy. Squeeze a little and it jumps, let off and it stops like right now. Once moving it seems fine but it was a little awkward loading and unloading from a trailer.

Is this normal and I need to get used to the machine or might I need to do some "tuning"?
Well I guess you can say it is normal but it Really is NOT it is caused by alot of end play in the turf saver rear diff, There is a Fix for it But My AC Dealer said it does NOT work I have owned my 09 LE for 6 months now and I can pretty much control it, Its up to you if you want to install the kit or live with it. Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply and welcome!

I'll see if I can get used to it before trying to improve it until it really doesn't work. Many years of tinkering with snowmobiles taught me that I am NOT smarter than the people the factories pay to design these things.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
The kit is just heavier springs for the throttle pedal. Being stiffer, it takes more effort to push the pedal and therefore isn't quite so touchy. But the best thing is see if you can just get used to it first. Many do and after a couple outtings don't even notice it anymore.
The thing with the turf saver diff is that the driveline turns 1/4 turn before the diff catches and the axles turn. That can make it feel lurchy also. But that's the trade off for having an open diff that allows you to turn sharper than the others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts