1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Ouch! That's crazy!!!

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Ouch! But then again, if you are trespassing you deserve anything they hit you with! No Pity Here! LOL

Reactions: de3

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
in our area the tow companies are ALL crooks and treat the public like they are cons

if you don't see the "towed by patrol" signs and park in a empty lot after hours of the business because there is no street parking ... you'll get towed and good luck with the experience of getting you ride back .. the storage lots for the tow companies are way out of town and the "offices" to go in and get your car are very old trailers with a waiting area about a foot x foot space so out side you wait no matter the weather , also the counters are about a foot from the ceiling so you couldn't get to the rip off artists if you tried [don't ask how I know this] .. and the prices are usually $250 on up depending if they towed more than 10 feet or 10 seconds which ever comes first ... oh and cash only no checks or credit cards .. to say just short of racketeering would be a huge understatement ... they patrol the parking areas like vultures 24/7

it happened to me late one evening , the tow sign was up in a tree that the leaves covered and was about 12' off the ground so there is no way you could see the sign ... anyway this story goes on and on and on .. I almost got arrested and almost killed the extremely disrespectful "attendant", worst experience of my life to say the least.

Reactions: Stump426 and de3

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
They do indeed like to gouge the public! Very seldom do I park in any questionable area! Either metered, or parking facility. But then again, we are not exposed to it very often!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts