Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 Silverado and just recentley purchased a flat bed trailer to haul the Artic Cat..

I have the 4 wire hook up and it has the brown wire that is for the running lights.. Well, it isnt hot when I turn on the head lights of the truck and it should be..

I have looked for a fuse for the running lights for the trailer and have not found any yet ,,except maybe one that goes to the stop light on the rear of the cab ..far as I know it's not a running light,,only a stop light ,..

The fuse panel has fuses for the left and right stop lights and turn signals and them fuses are good.

Was hoping some one has a Silverado of about the same year and knows what I need to fix my problem..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
under the hood mine has seperate fuse for trailor lights.
yup under the hood do you have an owner manual.

thx guys ..I do have a manual and will check it out tomorrow..I looked before earlier today and thought I seen a fuse for running lights for trailer but thought it was the same fuse box to the left of the steering wheel .. must be more than one ?

I will let you know what I find out.. thx again gp

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think the fuses you need for the trailer harness are in the box under the hood on the left inner fender. Also some of them never got pluged in at the factory and then they are taped to something else close to where the steering column comes out of the firewall. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the fuses you need for the trailer harness are in the box under the hood on the left inner fender. Also some of them never got pluged in at the factory and then they are taped to something else close to where the steering column comes out of the firewall. I hope this helps.

I just got through looking at my manual and no trailer fuses are under my hood ..It does show one that has to do with trailer brakes under the steering wheel and on the firewall (havnt looked yet for it,,tomorrrow I will).

the other fuses are in a panel at the edge of the dash next to the drivers door and it does have fuses for ,,,

right turn/stop trailer
left turn /stop trailer

and one other named ,,vehicle and trailer high mounted stoplamp"

But none say running lights which one needs at night to be seen in the dark?? they just don't make it easy do they?

·
Registered
97 Posts
since i'm board out of my mind and have reached the end of the internet i went outside with a flashlight, and underhood box calls it trl park, i think it was a 15amp, next to it was rr park and lr park. standing at side of the truck looking over the fender it was in the upper left area of the box.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
since i'm board out of my mind and have reached the end of the internet i went outside with a flashlight, and underhood box calls it trl park, i think it was a 15amp, next to it was rr park and lr park. standing at side of the truck looking over the fender it was in the upper left area of the box.
Now you got me second guessing,,but my first thought is,,do you have a truck like mine ,a Chevy about the same year?

I hope you are right as it would sure help me solve this problem,,tomorrow I will chech it out .. LOL

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
This is the right answer. The trailer park lamps are your trailer running lights circuit.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

So glad you got bored my friend,,I found it just where you said it would be.. what thru me was the trailer blinkers and brake light fuses is just left of the steering wheel in that fuse panel.. It all works now ,,will have to see if the fuses blow again like the way I found them durring this hook up..hope I crossed some wires and blew them rather than a short somewhere in the wires ..

anyway thx and have a great day gp

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought the trailer fuse was under the hood!!

Yes ,,one of them is under the hood (the running lights one) ,,but two of them arn't..(the turning signal fuse and the brake fuse) which are seperate from the truck brakes and turnsignals..

what a forum we have here ,,lots of knowledge to help a guy out.. gp

1 - 12 of 12 Posts