Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone iam new to this site,i purchase a new 700 xtx a week ago.i got 203 miles on it in the last week but yestherday it started stalling when i let of the gas,i have to keep it between 25 and 30 mph to keep it going,if i stop and let it idle sometimes it will stall as soon as i let of the gas and sometime it will stall as soon as i hit the gas .i tryed a new plug with no change,does anyone know what could be the problem.

·
Registered
463 Posts
What is the gap on the old plug and new?

·
Registered
294 Posts
It sounds like it the EFI throttleposition sensorcould be out of adjustment or something along those lines.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Or dirty air filters?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont think it is the plug,i wounder could it be water in the gas,i just took it for a hard run and it seemed to be working find but could smile a lot of exhaust fumes the only problem was when i let ut idle it stayed realy high for about a min or so before it went back to normal but then it idle rough

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i might have found the problem,between the airbox and the trottlebody there is a hose.there is a crack in it and it is sucking in air when i push on it and make the hole open the engine idles very high when i close the hole so it dont suck any air the engine stalls,i tryed putting a pice of tape over the hole so it wont suck any air but with that done the engine would not start any ideals anyone,i guess back to the dealer is one,because it is a 2010 and only had it 2 weeks:cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fixed the problem it was the boot between the trottle body and the motor it was cracked ,replaced it now it is working fine

·
Registered
463 Posts
I would have never guessed that. Glad you got it fixed.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2009 700 xtx

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
new problem now iam haveing trouble with the front diff lock.took it back to the dealer they fixed it said the clip wasnt in ,now it has happen again iam starting to think this is a lemon what next

1 - 11 of 11 Posts