1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
That is a nice lookin truck!

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Nice! Here's my 2011 Denali. 6" ProComp lift, 36X11.5X20 Nitto's. Tuned to 490HP right now. Popped in the 680 tune and a "Possible rear driveshaft failure" warning light popped on in the dash. so, back to 490... which is terrible fun!

Attachments

Reactions: Retired1

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
You should just disable the light! But 490 is still a nice number! What motor is that?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! Here's my 2011 Denali. 6" ProComp lift, 36X11.5X20 Nitto's. Tuned to 490HP right now. Popped in the 680 tune and a "Possible rear driveshaft failure" warning light popped on in the dash. so, back to 490... which is terrible fun!

Nice truck and a lot of power. Mine is no where near that but still has decent pulling power. Next on the list for the truck is gears. However, it still pulls my boat or the trailer with the Prowler and 4 wheeler on it without a problem. Flat roads here in Florida help.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
You should just disable the light! But 490 is still a nice number! What motor is that?
HA! That's an idea. These driveshaft skins are 3/32" thick, with re-inforced cardboard inside of them to keep em quiet! Ya, I can see em twisting! JUNK!!!

Its a Duramax LML motor, EGR delete, DEF delete, and needless to say...... warranty delete.
It is fun! For a 2500, it screams and gets 22 mpg on the highway. With the 680 tune, I floored it to pass a car on the highway, turbo spooled up, back tires broke loose and went sideways. It scared me, RD! (not really) I loved it, but Denise wasn't too thrilled! Reminded me of my old 71 440-6packed GTX!!!

Reactions: CCProwlerhdx

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just pick this truck up for my son. It's a 98 F-150 that my brother built then sold and now I purchased back. Has 36x15.50x20 Mickey Thompsons, on 20x14 American Force Wheels.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Just pick this truck up for my son. It's a 98 F-150 that my brother built then sold and now I purchased back. Has 36x15.50x20 Mickey Thompsons, on 20x14 American Force Wheels.
Very nice.

Mine is not that nice - not even close. I bought my 1999 F-150 about 6 weeks ago. I am still working out the small issues. I put on new Mickey Thompson 265/70-16 Deegan 38s. It has the small 6 cylinder with over 300,000 miles on it. I am about ready to road test it. It needs to make reliable 60 mile round trips once a week.

Reactions: CCProwlerhdx
1 - 9 of 9 Posts