Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 08 650 prowler that only turns 4000 rpm them it cuts out do i needa new cdi or wats the problem dealer jist says to bring it in yea rite

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
i have a 08 650 prowler that only turns 4000 rpm them it cuts out do i needa new cdi or wats the problem dealer jist says to bring it in yea rite
Welcome to the site! It could be the cdi, does it cut out at the same rpm in Low & High side?
If you don't have a service manual you can download a free pdf version here:
"K&T Parts House Lawn Mower Parts and Chain Saw & Trimmer Parts"
It's a pretty detailed manual and I'm sure you'll get a lot of responses here soon.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the house , there are plenty of 650 owners here , stand by for info from one of them
assume your from Texas Eh … fill in you location and also your signature lines .. that info he;p us answer your questions without having to ask a question .. we won't remember what ya have or where to send ya for stuff and info with that [in some later post where you say what ya have :) ]

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Here's a screen shot of a few suggestions from my '07 manual. I'll check and see if it says how to check the cdi.
Capture.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Welcome to the family

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Welcome to the site! How long has it been limited to 4,000 RPM? Just start, or just noticed?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Welcome to the prowler family.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts