Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this would be a typical terrain in Idaho ... up in my home area there would be more trees though , this is toward the southern end of the state in some of the wilderness area's we take long 400 to 800 mile loops.

my friends have one planned this summer that's a 800 mile ride, but I don't think I can make this one :(

Pogoplug: MOV03968.MPG

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fire watch towers , back in the day it took close to a week to pack into them and the ranger would stay all fire season , his provisions were packed into them once a month or so, and that would be his only live human contact for the fire season other than his daily radio check-in. 99 % of the old towers are gone today and only the footings are there some have survey markers on the pad area. It's fun to go to the wilderness areas and see the country , get's ya back in time thought. some of the trails are so overgrown that you can barley find the route and some still have the lookout towers standing allthough in very ruff dilapidated condition. some are still manned and the rangers are glad to see visitors show up and yakkkk like lil kids for a few minutes so glad to see someone LOL

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Makes you stop and think about how much of this country is still unpopulated! Gary, thanks for sharing! RD

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lots and lots and lots of this type of country in Idaho oh did lots and lots of it LOL

I can ride directly from my home ... and go for hours and hours / miles on forest service roads / fire roads / logging roads and mining roads ... then the trails start.
yup I'm very lucky as in most states they are shutting down all the roads n trails DAMN GREENIES anyway .. here also BTW but we still have lots to ride.

·
Registered
414 Posts
That's what I love about living here in Idaho. So many different types of terrain to run! Sand dunes at Bruneau. Wooded mountains up north. Rocky deserty around the Boise area. Makes for fantastic fun!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts