Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 650 H1 XT, and i am installing a sound system. The question i have is, There is a 2 wire plug in under dash conected to the ignition switch, Lookes like a trailer plug but with only 2 wires, 1 shielded and 1 unshielded. Does anybody know if that is switched power?, or is it ment for something ? ,and i should leave it alone and just run new wires to the battery to power the radio?:D

·
Registered
491 Posts
use a voltmeter to test each pin to be sure . most of the time a plug like that , the unsheilded wire is ground and the other one will be power . key on or battery hot . best to test it for sure . i would bet it is for a factory offer option , ie heater , radio something ac offers .

i just walked in the door from installing a 1200watt stereo in my xtz i ran all new wires from the battery i wired mine so i could turn it on without useing the key . so sense have the machine powered if im just sitting . just have to remember to turn it off. man this thing ROCKS now ! lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
use a voltmeter to test each pin to be sure . most of the time a plug like that , the unsheilded wire is ground and the other one will be power . key on or battery hot . best to test it for sure . i would bet it is for a factory offer option , ie heater , radio something ac offers .

i just walked in the door from installing a 1200watt stereo in my xtz i ran all new wires from the battery i wired mine so i could turn it on without useing the key . so sense have the machine powered if im just sitting . just have to remember to turn it off. man this thing ROCKS now ! lol
With the add on stereo, Should we be putting a back-up battery on the machine as well, Or is the stock one enough?
I'm only putting in a small system in( 200 - 400 watts)

·
Registered
491 Posts
With the add on stereo, Should we be putting a back-up battery on the machine as well, Or is the stock one enough?
I'm only putting in a small system in( 200 - 400 watts)

i would upgrade to a Odessy battery . i changed out the stock brick for a smaller sized Odessy when i lowered my seat and i cant remeber for the life of me which one i bought !lol . #8** something i know it wasnt the 925

ive been in the shop with my stereo goin since 2:30 today and ive started the motor 3 times just to see how long the battery would last . i was very impressed ! it never lugged down . i ordered another one today but now i think im going to cancel it . im sure the stock battery wont last even 1/4 that long .

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great Thanks guys I really appreciate the help.
I will also be installing a snorkle soon as well, I will post some pic's when it is completed.
Thanks again!!

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
That is a factory accessory plug in. You can run many things off of it. I have one of UTV craps fan over ride switches connected to mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts