Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing a small amount of coolant on my garage floor and thought I had a leak but it's coming from the overflow hose so I figure the cap is getting weak. After looking online line I see they updated the cap from 13 psi to what looks like 16 psi. Anyone else with older Prowlers have to replace theirs?

·
Administrator
7,259 Posts
I did on mine. Noticed the same thing as you did. Also added the coolant recovery tank off of a XYZ to be on the safe side. Works great BTW!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if the auto parts store can cross reference a cap or if I'm going to have to order one. All the area NAPA's in our county just got taken over Saturday by Bumper to Bumper Auto Parts, I've never heard of them before. It happened quick the employees only got a week notice and because of benefit cost they might be looking for new jobs.

·
Administrator
7,259 Posts
Never heard of them, but that ain't nothing new! LOL I just picked one up at Babbitts, I got the recovery tank and bracket off ebay.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to the new Bumper to Bumper and they ordered a cap they think with match with the 16 lb rating, should be here in a couple days.

·
Administrator
7,259 Posts
Arctic Cat did have a coolant recovery tank on the XTZ's, I found mine on ebay for 5 dollars, I did order the factory bracket from AC Store. It works great, fills when hot, and empties when the engine cools!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would solve my problem and looks easy enough to install.

·
Administrator
7,259 Posts
It did work on mine! Any coolant recovery tank would work. Hit the local junk yard!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I wonder if the auto parts store can cross reference a cap or if I'm going to have to order one. All the area NAPA's in our county just got taken over Saturday by Bumper to Bumper Auto Parts, I've never heard of them before. It happened quick the employees only got a week notice and because of benefit cost they might be looking for new jobs.
The wife said she heard it in the nightly news we have 3 Napa's in my area.

·
Administrator
7,259 Posts
Yeah, they are pretty much all the same design. Just need a piece of hose from the radiator to the recovery tank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts