Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, Im just wonding if any other prowler owner has had a prowler that is as big of a piece of junk as mine has been. I cant believe that i paid 10 grand for a brand new side by side 1 1/2yrs ago, and had as many problems out of it that i have. I am not new to the atv world, i have bought several brand new atv's over the years, and never had the problems out of any of them like i have my prowler. Within this year and a half i have had to take it back to dealer at least 8 times. 1st of the brakes sound like they are ripping the gears out of the trans. Dealer says, they all do that, cannot fix this problem, then my gear selector grinds the gears into gear, its been adjusted 5 times , still not better than it was new., Then the cv axle seals went to pouring oil out, then during the winter, the front end explodes from the inside, while im backing out of the barn, They put a brand new front diff in it, i get it home go rideing, now the front diff lock quits working, and its pouring grease out the bottom of the new front diff. If it is 90 degrees out side, or if it is 20 degrees, it will not start like it should, it will crank till the battery is almost dead, then it finally starts, i have taken it back on all these problems, but nothing ever seems to be "fixed". i just dont understand why arctic cat doesnt try to recall some of these problems. thats just my 2 cents

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
sounds like you also need another dealer, one with a mechanic who knows his job

·
Registered
463 Posts
I havent had any major problems with mine and I love it. You should read up on other UTVs they all have problems some are alot worse than yours. Maybe you should go to a different dealer.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
No Problems here!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I agree, sounds like the dealer is the problem not the machine. Just need a decent tech working on it! I had issues with mine too, oil leaking in the clutches, turns out it was a bad secondary clutch shaft, bearings and seals. Had it worked on 4 times before they got it right, but had a great dealer and a tech who was not going to let this issue stump him. Look at a different dealer!

·
Registered
155 Posts
i have had many of those probs you did, including having to put in a new front diff. it's at the point of me not wanting to take it out cause i'm tired of running back and forth to the shop. but as others said, all makes and models have their problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been happy with mine till now, little over 1000 miles and I have a blown head gasket(((
Not too happy about that one, as I have had others with many more miles and never had anything like this happen. I use mine for my business.
BTW, mine is a 2010 XTZ

·
Registered
88 Posts
well if it makes u all feel better i have a 2010 xtz with 200 miles and its on it second engine due to main seal on crank leaking so bad it damaged the engine do to lack of oil and mind you it happened on the trail so not rider error then all the ball joints are shot (i dont jump it at all) the fuel tank strap was found broke when replacing engine the parking brake was warped from the factory and the brakes rattle so bad you cant hear your self think so when can i call cat and tell them i got a lemon

·
Registered
583 Posts
well, Im just wonding if any other prowler owner has had a prowler that is as big of a piece of junk as mine has been. I cant believe that i paid 10 grand for a brand new side by side 1 1/2yrs ago, and had as many problems out of it that i have. I am not new to the atv world, i have bought several brand new atv's over the years, and never had the problems out of any of them like i have my prowler. Within this year and a half i have had to take it back to dealer at least 8 times. 1st of the brakes sound like they are ripping the gears out of the trans. Dealer says, they all do that, cannot fix this problem, then my gear selector grinds the gears into gear, its been adjusted 5 times , still not better than it was new., Then the cv axle seals went to pouring oil out, then during the winter, the front end explodes from the inside, while im backing out of the barn, They put a brand new front diff in it, i get it home go rideing, now the front diff lock quits working, and its pouring grease out the bottom of the new front diff. If it is 90 degrees out side, or if it is 20 degrees, it will not start like it should, it will crank till the battery is almost dead, then it finally starts, i have taken it back on all these problems, but nothing ever seems to be "fixed". i just dont understand why arctic cat doesnt try to recall some of these problems. thats just my 2 cents
Bigears I know what you are talking about with that service department in Corbin. I bought a 2006 700le cat from them and took it back for a front diff leak and valve adjustment, took 3 trips to get those things fixed. I think there is another cat dealer further south at williamsburg, thats where I bought my 2003 cat but never had service done there (love those suzy motors). They are only another 20 minutes away.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well they was another dealer down there, Keck's motorsports?? unless its a different one, then they are out of buisness, they sold out to legend suzuki in corbin, then they went bankrupt, now its corbin motorsports. Will a different dealership, honor my extended warrenty??

·
Registered
88 Posts
No I don't think so but it started runing bad and so the first thing I did was pull the cowl and noticed oil everywere and then when I took it to dealer we looked closer and found it leaking on the split on the case so cat just replaced the motor becase of posibel internal damage

·
Registered
60 Posts
sorry to here about all your problems, ive got 2900 miles and no major issues, yes my brake sounds bad when stopping fast,but all the 08's do that my dealer tells me that the new cats don't don't have this issue. and my prowler did grind gears and had to be adjusted a lot untill i hit 1000 miles, but my dealer also told me that that would be the case when i bought mine, you have to make sure your idle speed is set right to leasen the grinding.

·
Registered
583 Posts
well they was another dealer down there, Keck's motorsports?? unless its a different one, then they are out of buisness, they sold out to legend suzuki in corbin, then they went bankrupt, now its corbin motorsports. Will a different dealership, honor my extended warrenty??
Last I knew Kecks was still in williamsburg, they might be gone now though. Hope you have better luck from it, mines be pretty much trouble free for 1100 miles. As stated, idle speed has alot to do with how easy it is to shift.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Only thing i see that was really wrong was the busted diff, and cant had a bad batch go out and is covering them. The rest just seems like bad service too me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts