Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just a quick question about my prowler. I have a 2010 700 xtx with around 1000 miles on it, I thought it might be a good time to get the valves checked and or adjusted on my prowler as part of my spring maintenance. I called my dealer and he told me that the 700 doesn't need valve adjustment, that he's seen many 700's with very high mileage and they have never needed adjustment... does this make sense to you guys?

Thanks again gang,
Mitch

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it does, but I would check them. After my first check and adjust on my 650 the next few yearly checks where at spec. I would check and you may find they need adjusted.
Well they were checked/adjusted last year on the first break in service. Sounds like I'll be good to go then. Thanks for the reply.. Just wanted to put my mind at ease, I'm the type that likes to spend a little on preventative maintenance and try to avoid breakdowns in the future. Funny how I trust the advice I get from you guys over what my dealer tells me! Love this site :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's why we are the # one site for Prowler owners. This site rocks only because of the member base!
Hey guys my 2010 arctic cat prowler xtx 700 is starting to back fire. I was wondering could it be that the valves may need to be adjusted. If so does anyone know the specs?

·
Registered
125 Posts
intake is .004", exhaust is .006".
you should check out the "all the info you need" thread. It has all kinds of great manuals that I'm sure will come in handy as you maintain your Prowler.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Hey guys my 2010 arctic cat prowler xtx 700 is starting to back fire. I was wondering could it be that the valves may need to be adjusted. If so does anyone know the specs?
You might check the exhaust header first, they can work loose and suck air causing the backfire. Several of us have had that problem.

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
I think MLH1962 is right on the money! Valve specs are .004 on the intake, and .006 on the exhaust. Both are set cold! They seem to hold adjustment forever! This is with the stock valve train.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts